Baby rice keeps going runny!

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Amelies rice ALWAYS ends up runny. I use Organix and at first its the perfect consistancy but then it goes really runny :\ It just flops out of her mouth and it takes forever to get 1tablespoon down her since I need to scoop it off her chin about 348635 times. Is it just the brand? Should I switch?

Surely yalls rice cereal is the same as ours? If so I think your just adding too much liquid...try using less, or if i ends up like that add a bit more cereal to thicken it up. Is she pushing it out of her mouth with her tongue or is she trying to swallow it without doing that?

She pushes it out with her tongue sometimes but I know its not a swallowng problem b.c she eats her carrot at night with no difficulty and its a bit thicker. I tried adding more rice but it still goes runny. So irritating. Maybe tomorrow I;ll do 1tablespoon to 3milk intead of 4milk. Maybe its because my EBM was foremilk which is more watery?

I doubt that, that's what I used too. But I would try just 1 tablespoon of rice and then 2 of milk and then see how it is, that way you dont waste the BM or the rice and then if needed after it sits for a min add a bit more milk

The rice that I have says on the packaging that that BM can make it but runny. I would just wait a bit after mixing it, and add a little more after it's gone runny. It won't happen endlessly!

This is normal and it happens more so with EBM (something to do with the proteins reacting with the starch or something:dohh:)....just keep the pack nearby to add a bit more rice if need be:hugs:. It's not the brand....it happens with all brands, I've been through this a million times I promise:rofl:

Ours goes really runny and we use formula. I was wondering if it was something to do with slobber!!!!

It is! It's because youre scraping it off their chins then going in for a stir then it just gets watered down with dribble! Try doing 2 bowls - make it up in one bowl then pour tiny portions into a dinky bowl and just top up whenever she finishes!

It is! It's because youre scraping it off their chins then going in for a stir then it just gets watered down with dribble! Try doing 2 bowls - make it up in one bowl then pour tiny portions into a dinky bowl and just top up whenever she finishes!

:rofl: OMG DISGUSTING

tbh i never bothered with measuring it out, tried it once or twice and it was too hard, so i jsut stuck some rice in and added some water (was BF and couldnt express!!)

It is! It's because youre scraping it off their chins then going in for a stir then it just gets watered down with dribble

I used to think that but nope...it does it automatically. If you make it up nice an thick...leave it to stand a while and you'll notice it goes all runny again:dohh:

If you have time to do this experiment then let us know:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->