Baby Rice...??

KirstyLou25

Mummy 2 Willow Ruby <3
Reaction score
My daughter is very near 3 months old, and she seems 2 be showing signs shes ready for baby rice? I've read on the packaging that is says to wait until shes at least 4 months old, but i don't think she's gonna be able to wait that long lol any suggestions? thanks x

Hi, love your daughter's name :)

2 months really is too early to think about starting solids. What signs is she showing? A lot of 'signs' that used to be seen as readiness for weaning, are discredited now. Things like, doubling birth weight, waking in the night, taking extra milk, staring at you eating, don't mean that a baby is ready for solids. These are normal developmental milestones and don't coincide with readiness for solids.

Things to look for include Lo being able to sit up with very little or no support, being able to reach, grab, and put objects to her mouth very accurately, and recently it is advised that you try the 'banana test' to decide if LO is ready for weaning. You put a ripe banana in front of LO, and if they are able to pick it up, get it to their mouth, bite off a little piece and eat it, with no help from you at all, then they are ready for solids. Very few babies are likely to meet these 'requirements' before 6 months.

(I am assuming your baby doesn't have a medical condition which would necessitate early weaning btw)

^^ I'd agree with Claire, 3 months is far too soon unless there is a specific medical reason and your GP/ HV has advised early weaning.

Giving solids too soon increases the risk of your LO developing digestive problems such as Chron's disease and getting tummy bugs like gastroenteritis (sp?) milk is also much higher in 'good' calories and fats that help your baby put on weight and help her brain, digestive system and muscles to develop.

If your LO doesn't seem to be satisfied by her normal milk feeds then have a chat with your HV about her feeding and the possibility of using hungry baby milk if your formula feeding.

Agree with the others hon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->