Baby shower favours

xxJaynexx

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi all
My friends are throwing me a baby shower it's all a surprise 😁 but I was wondering do I buy thank you favours for my guests? This is my first baby so I don't know what to buy as favours. Any ideas/suggestions that you had or are doing for your shower would be a great help.
Thanks very much 😘

I had my shower yesterday and I never bought favours (or at my one with DD), in fact it never even occurred to me. I've never been given a favour at any baby shower I've attended either xx

My best friend threw my shower and I pitched in a lot. I also did my own favors in lieu of sending thank-you cards later!! I got little pink tie bags off of Amazon.com for CHEAP!! In them I put a mini bottle of hand sanitizer, two "IT'S A GIRL" butter mint candies, a perfume sample (THANK YOU NORDSTROM!!!), and I ordered custom air fresheners online for about $1.75 each (F'ing AMAZING!!!!). My bags were probably about $3.50-4.00 each and I made 25. Pictured are an extra goody bag and the air freshener I kept to put in my baby book!! My guests LOVED them!!!!

Attachments

• partyfavor.jpg
    partyfavor.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 8
I had favours, my mum made them for me they were only little things but people loved them :)

I didn't do favours for the shower, but for ds's 1st birthday I got a bunch of star cookies made, iced blue and his name written across them and wrapped them individually in cellophane with a ribbon :)

I did mason jar cookie mix for mine. And tied a ribbon around the Jar. You can Google the different recipies.

I've never not been to a shower without prizes and favours. One lady had a diaper 'lotto', if you bring a bag of diapers you get entered in a jar to win the prize. I won a basket of Lush bath suds, chocolate, and dark cherry balsamic vinegar. There were 4 other contests, who could collect the most mini 'clothes pins' by catching someone who said baby. So the goal was to not say baby and catch others. Then there was a guessing game for how many items in the jar. I won this one too. A bottle of wine, soap & cream from an organic store, and candies.

The worst little gift baggies were aweful scented cheap room deodorizer candles-the kind you get in a grocery store, cheapy chocolates (get the good ones made of real chocolate), and a little tie bag with an assortment of things in it I had no idea what to do with ie a small miniature metal bucket, those round foil wrapped cheapie chocolates and some other candy that didn't look appetizing).

My shower is next week and we have an assortment of tealights and little glass holders as favors. My mom runs a bath and body business so she gets a lot of those items wholesale.

We had pink chocolate covered popcorn (the hulless kind), bee cupcakes and Burts bees chapstick. It was a bee theme shower.

Hi there,

My sister arranged my baby shower for DS. As favours we had flower pots with all kinds of different colourful flowers in them, and on the pot there was chalkboard paint and each guests name written in chalk. They were also used as table decorations before the guests left and took them home. We also had little brown bags with Melanie's baby shower and the date written on it with some Lindt chocolate inside :)

Xx

Wow I've never heard of favours at a baby shower but I've only been to a couple. I certainly didn't have them sy mine, just lots of cake! However I am organising my sisters shower in jan so loving these ideas!

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I've got lots of choice now so will get deciding 😃 I just wanted to give a little something to thank everyone for coming as I've heard some people do this now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->