Baby Showers and Friends

JJL86

Reaction score
So my baby shower is October 12th and I made a facebook event for a save the date and to collect addresses for my formal invites. I just kind of got this sinking feeling because one of my best friends replied "maybe" to the Facebook event. I spoke to her alot during her pregnancy and even offered to help with her baby shower. We ended up having a bad snow storm, but I still went and brought the food item I said I would. I also bought hea gift after her baby was born and visited. I understand not everyone can make it all the time... but with this friendship it jusy feels like Im the one who puts in all the effort. I had to pry at her to see her only twice during her pregnancy.. she hasnt even made an effort to see me yet... I know she is working and has a baby now but still, she finds plenty of time for other people. I'm just looking to vent and to see what others think... maybe she will end up going., but honestly I would be surprised. I'll update on what happens..if she doesn't make any efforts and doesnt come to my shower should I just stop trying? I feel like I am "pretending" with certian people..her being one of them. Its always a random message telling me they want to come see me or blah blah. I give them my schedule ask for theirs.. never get anything in response, but a month or two later the same thing over again. I just want to put it out there and be like STOP. You either really want to hang out or you dont. I find it hard to believe someone you say is your best friend you hardly see three times a year..only living 20 minutes away. This is just setting with me wrong and I need to put it out there:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->