Baby sleeping with butt in air??

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi, my baby is 8 months old and the last month or so she’s been been asleep with her butt in the air and knees tucked in. I flip her over when I check on her on my way to bed but when I check on her in the morning she’s gone back like that, is this safe? I’m worried about her suffocating!

Perfectly safe and very normal. Sometimes they go into that position if they're cold so I'd just check she has enough layers on. I wouldn't bother turning her over, there's no need and you will disturb her unnecessarily.

Yes it's safe! Both mine did it, I always found it adorable. :haha:

For sure it's fine, my oldest used to do this sometimes. We used an Angel Care breathing monitor under her mattress though, so if anything had gone wrong, the alarm would have gone off. That put my mind at ease. :)

Both of mine have been belly sleepers and they did this quite frequently. I wouldn't turn her over, just let her sleep.

Mine usually only did that when she had a wet diaper. It's not unsafe. By this age, she's perfectly capable of maneuvering. As long as her bedding is age appropriate, she's fine.

I wouldn't worry my son started doing it the minute we put him in a cot at 6 months, has slept that way ever since and he is nearly 3 x

My LO does it too. It started around the same age too I think, maybe a bit later. Used to be a back sleeper, then side and then (and still) tummy sleeper with bum up in the air lots of times.

There has even been a few weeks where she‘d sit up to fall asleep haha I let her sleep and she‘s always been fine.

All 3 of mine have done it. Emma's just growing out of it now.

Both my older ones did this, AND my younger sister. Totally normal.

My DD does this and most of the children I work with that have naps sleep like it too... very normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->