Baby still breech, c-section going ahead

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
As it says, I had my pre-assessment this afternoon, bubs is still in breech so the planned section is going ahead on Weds. Now it is almost here, I am starting to get so nervous! Am glad to have an end in very near sight, although I feel like I am not completely prepared at home for some reason!

You'll be fine sweetie - planned sections are apparently much easier to deal with, (mine was only 'semi' emergency and I recovered really well).

As for not feeling prepared, I don't think we ever do, but their needs are fairly limited in the early days so you'll have plenty of time to adjust.

What happened at the pre-assessment today ? I've got mine a few days before my section but never had one last time x

Good luck Dani!! Will be thinking of you on Weds!

All the best. I can't believe how many breech babies there are in here (I have one too)

Good luck! I am sure your nerves are a mess...I would be...

But think...few short days and you will be holding your little pumpkin...how awesome is that!

Thanks girls :) I will let everyone know how it all goes!

SamsMum, the hospital forgot to book me in for the pre-assessment, so I had to wait a little while after I arrived so they could find someone available. They just felt around for bubs position, took my urine sample, blood & did a blood pressure test, talked a little about the section & gave me 1 4 page document about them too, gave me some tablets I have to take the night before & morning of (I think they are to calm your stomach acid) & told me that I need to call 6:30am the morning of to get a time for the procedure.

Good luck Dani!!!!
Just think you will have your baby tomorrow! I'm jealous!!! Looking forward to an update off you! Xxxx

I had a planned section as Coralie was breech. It wasn't too bad, certainly not as bad as I built it up in my head to be.

Couple of tips, take straws to drink with as you won't sit up for a few hours after... and take a dressing gown for wandering to and from the loo's.

:hugs:

Good luck! I might need this too cos of my stubborn bubs. I'm nervous but know it's best for baby, and everyone I know who've had planned c-sections have come out really well! Exciting times!

Good luck! We'll be thinking of you and your little one!!

As it says, I had my pre-assessment this afternoon, bubs is still in breech so the planned section is going ahead on Weds. Now it is almost here, I am starting to get so nervous! Am glad to have an end in very near sight, although I feel like I am not completely prepared at home for some reason!

Thinking of you! Good luck tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->