Baby Tadgh's Arrival!

Leann83

Reaction score
Well it took long enough getting round to writing this but wanted to have Tadgh's story written somewhere so I can look back on it in the future!

Had fantastic pregnancy, problem free apart from 1 kidney infection so it was a surprise when at a routine GP check up at 38+3 my dr found protein in my urine and high blood pressure. My feet & legs were swollen too so I was sent to the hospital with pre eclampsia, with the dr telling me they'd more than likely induce me. So we went home, grabbed my bags and over we went where they decided to admit me and keep an eye on my blood pressure etc. Only thing was on our ante natal ward, 3 girls were being induced and had had the gel inserted...and my god, listening to them all night had me TERRIFIED of labour. The girl in the bed next to me had just screamed and souted all night and by 8am the next morning was refusing to get up off the floor! :nope: Luckily I was released 2 days later as my blood pressure went back down and they were just waiting on the results of a 24 hr protein trace (collecting my pee in a container for 24 hrs was not one of my finest days! :haha:) which they thought would be fine but lo and behold as soon as I got home they called to say it was raised and I was to go back on the Friday to have blood pressure etc checked again, so at the day clinic on the Friday my blood pressure was fine but when they had me hooked up to ECG machine they noticed the baby's heartbeat was fleeting every so often so they were admitting me because of that. They thought the baby was with/squeezing his umbilical cord and cutting off his blood supply! Yet more talk of induction followed and they done an exam/sweep on the Saturday and I was 2cm dilated! Literally the second the sweep was done I started getting lower back pains and lost a big chunk of plug - lovely! So the pains continued all weekend, nothing unmanageable but definitely could not sleep through them. I felt bad calling the nurse in to reheat my heat pack during the Sunday night as there was 2 women on the ward being induced - little did I know at the time I was in labour! So on the Monday they found that the baby's heart rate was getting worse so my consultant examined me and found I was 8cm! The back pains had died off an hour or 2 earlier, so I wasn't in any pain, just exhausted from not sleeping in 2-3 days. So at 10am down to the labour ward myself and DH went were the girls were extremely surprised I wasn't screaming my head off as there was contractions coming up on the monitor, I just wasn't feeling them. They were also very irregular - still only every 6 mins or so they they started me on the drip and the came thick and fast after that. They broke my waters at 11am and Tadgh was born at 2pm after 19 mins of pushing :cloud9: Our little man weighed 7lb 9.5oz... I had to have an episiotomy and vaccuum to get him out asap as his heart rate had dropped extremely low with each contraction so it was that or emergency c-section! Managed to get by by having some G&A at the start which I'm quite proud of as I thought I would by all for the epidural and any pain relief I could get! Felt great afterwards, didn't need any pain killers - the only thing was my iron had dropped extremely low so felt out of breath and faint even just standing up but apart from that I was good! Never in a million years thought I would have such a positive experience and would definitely do it again :thumbup:

2 days old, one week old and 7 weeks old: :cloud9:

Attachments

• 25082011504.jpg
    25082011504.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 67
  • Tadgh1.jpg
    Tadgh1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Tadgh4.jpg
    Tadgh4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 67
  • CIMG0244.jpg
    CIMG0244.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 50
aww..looks soo happy already at 2 days old in the bouncer!! lol..congrats..super cute!!

he's a darling !!!!!!!!!! Congrats !!

https://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh174/graphics_diva/Baby/babyboy.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

He's very precious! I would like to know how you pronounce his name. I've never heard it before! it's pretty unique!

He looks so alert and active in the 2 day old picture too!

Lovely birth story - congrats to you and yours ... thanks for sharing! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->