Baby transverse but can't book c-section until day before due date

TrixieLox

Reaction score
Usually, they try for 39 weeks but hospital completely full for c-sections until 1 July. The consultant said he'll try to look out for cancellations and call me if anything comes up from when I'm 38 weeks (even recommended I don't eat breakfast until 9 as that's when he'll know and I could be called in on the day). He said the booking system is shambolic - it's a paper booking system (WTF?!) and they're often not informed if a cancellation comes up so he actively needs to find out. Reassuring...

Anyway, do you think 39+6 is a bit risky? And isn't 38 weeks a bit early? I'd really rather not go into a labour then have an emergency c-section especially with risk of cord prolapse etc.

Gah! I thought it'd be simple: book me in for 39 weeks. Maybe I'm worrying too much, I could go into labor any time after all.

I think 38 weeks is ok, full term is considered 37 weeks and I would rather go earlier than risk going into labour and having an emergency c section.

My LO is also transverse/breech and I saw consultant today, I'm booked in for c section at 39+3. I thought it would be earlier but was told 39 weeks norm? X

They try to do them at 39 weeks nowadays, related to lung development apparently. It used to be 38. xxx

When do midwives usually get the ball rolling when baby is transverse? Mine was transverse at 28weeks and at my 34weeks appt she was oblique but didn't seemed bothered at all..

38 weeks would be totally safe to have the baby if a cancellation popped up, and 39+6 does seem a little late but I guess if you were to go in to labour it would be an emergency section but guess they feel confident with what they are doing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->