Baby waking every time he's put down?

Itsychik

Reaction score
My DS has gotten into the habit of only falling asleep while being fed or held. If we put him in bed awake he screams and screams, and for the past several weeks he has started waking every single time we put him down. This means at night after feeding him, it sometimes takes 5-6 attempts of feeding again then trying to put him in bed again before he stays asleep (for an hour or so, max) and during the day he's not getting enough sleep because he's constantly waking up.

He hates being in the carrier and won't take a pacifier.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get him to sleep somewhere else?? The only thing I've been successful at is feeding him while laying in bed and then sneaking away once he falls asleep. But this doesn't work every time...

I found a sleeping bag and preheating the cot with a hot water bottle helped as they weren't going into a cold bed

Could he be uncomfortable on his back? How old is he? My daughter was like that when she was a baby turns out she had severe reflux so wasn't happy unless she was upright all the time. She would only sleep attached to my chest if I lay her down she would wake with in minutes. Proping her up seem to do the trick, also a sleeping back or swaddled.

I second a sleeping bag I've used them all for all mine . As long as he is fed changed warm etc I would leave him to fuss for a minute or so I don't mean if he's screaming the place down of course but if he's only having a winge I would leave him to it for a few minutes and maybe he will settle after a little fuss
It won't last forever Hun ino that's no help at the moment tho I don't really have any other tips as thankfully Cruz was ok with being put down
I second maybe go to a dr see about reflux etc
X

Swaddling has worked every time for me, but also we started putting him down from birth To sleep when his eyes began To get droopy And let him fall asleep on his own so I think he is used To falling asleep by himself.

Have you considered a white noise machine? Or DD had a pink seahorse that lit up and played lullabies, that helped a lot

My baby (almost 9 weeks) also likes to fall asleep being held. I have no advice because we do hold her until she falls asleep, but she sometimes falls asleep on her own if she wakes up after being put in her crib. We use a fan for white noise and put her in a sleep sack.. not sure if it really helps at all but could be worth a try if you're not already using them.

Sounds like a normal baby to me. Mine wouldn't even fall asleep in the first place so I have no good advice!

It will pass! Mine did this for the first two months! Swaddling + white noise helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->