baby wearing in the sun/heat

DueMarch2nd

mummy to a little lamb
Reaction score
So is it too hot to wear LO? It seems my sweaty body would just make him hotter? Also it is easier to keep LO out of the shade (and keep me less sweaty) in his pram... any thoughts?? I just bought a new wrap i love so much and i wanna wear it all the time :hissy:

i prefer pramming it when its too hot / sunny, as i feel it keeps leyla covered more and better protected, if you use a thin wrap or something like linen wrap though and make sure you give him lots of liquids and keep a hat on him, oh and probably leave him just in his nappy if its really hot like the past few days, then you should be alright :)

x

We've just been for a walk, it was part road, part shady wood and part open country so we were both in the shade and sun.
Kaiden wore his shorts and t shirt, sunhat and suncream. We found it fine :)

Theo is currently just in a nappy in a Daisychain Mei Tai we are borrowing specifically for the BabyShow tomorrow as my connecta broke and the replacement buckle hasnt arrived :(
Hes plenty cool enough atm. Tomorrow I had planned on having him in babylegs, nappy and T shirt but depending on how hot it gets I may take the BLs off and just have him in Tshirt and nappy.
Silly weather.

It's been hot here this week too and we've been fine babywearing. I don't really like putting her in the stroller (pushchair) since I become all obsessed with the angle of the sun and whether she's still in the shade (lame I know). If she's in a carrier, I know that if I'm in the shade, so is she. Emma always takes off her hat and if she's right there on me, I can easily put it back on whereas we're always stopping when she's in the stroller. Emma also hates her stroller so if she were already a little grumpy from the heat, being in the stroller would just send her right over the edge, lol :) Every mum and baby is different though :)

We went out on Sunday and my OH carried Wyn in the mei tai on his back, I covered her up with a muslin square tucked in at the shoulders - it was like he had a cape! (and a pretty light pink cape too! lol!) But it did keep the sun off her as her hat kept falling off when she fell asleep (hat now has elastic chin strap on it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->