baby wearing instead of double pram

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
hi. im just looking into this as an option for when we have #2. i mean wearing baby #2 and having #1 in the pram i already have rather than buying a double pram.
does anyone else do this and have any advice?
even my oh struggles wearing jacob and hes a burly ex army physical training instructor but ive seen women doing this double act seemingly effortlessly.

could it be our lascal isnt very good or are we both just wimps :blush:

i plan on doing this with #2 as well.
i've been finding wraps i'm happy with at the mo and wearing Q who is around 20lbs.

i use a moby at the mo and love it, it's also a good way of being able to nurse on-the-go! (with #2)

but i hate the look and size of tandem buggies!

Im thinking of doing this also ... I can't find a double buggy I like and honestly dont want to waste my money on one for a short time.

i have a moby which Im gonna try using to wear the new baby! haven't had joshua in it for a long while now but when I used to it was very comfy :)

I do this!

We do have a double pram but honestly I think I've used it about 4 times...Ophelia is mostly just in her Luna that she's always had and I have Lennon in a structured carrier.
I'm hoping as Lennon gets too big to be carried that we will be able to switch to a single pram with one of those buggyboard things.x

I have a double buggy & find it handy if its raining or I'm going to br out for a while & know K wil need a rest. Don't use it that much mind but I love it, it's a Jane powertwin, 2nd hand. I find i eithe use my single pram plus buggy board or neither & have T in a sling. I had a moby when she was little & a mei tai & a woven wrap now.

ETA; what carrier have you got as I can carry T no problem, no aches or anything & have even carried my 2 yo.

ETA; what carrier have you got as I can carry T no problem, no aches or anything & have even carried my 2 yo.

we have the lascal. i havent seen it mentioned much on here.

my oh isnt keen on the wrap carriers. despite knowing that they must be safe or they wouldnt be on the market he has this subcontious concern of them.

anyone else got any experience on the lascal?

I cant get away with that type of carrier either, it really hurts my back, With a Mei Tai or wrap I could wear her for hours. I think the difference between that type of carrier & the mei tai for example is that the baby sits the carrier itself in ones like the one you have & all the weight gets put on the shoulders with gravity pulling downwards. With a Mei tai, it is one piece of material behind you baby & they are snuggled in onto your own body, not sat in something, therefore their weight becomes part of you, instead of the weight pulling down iyswim? I couldnt believe the difference.

i'm afraid to say you will probably find your lascal is to blame. I carried my almost 4yr old whilst pregnant last year no problem in a dream carrier SSC. I still carry my 2 yr old sometimes and push Noah. I used to carry Ethan and push my oldest 2 for a little while LOL.

Do you have a sling meet you can get to. I would definately recommend trying a different sling, one that you are unlikely to find in your local mothercare, argos, etc ;)

I thought about it but TBH i remember getting shattered walking about Tabs when she was first born there is no way i can run around and push a toddler while carrying :baby: all the time... so i will for short times like popping into the shop in the village.

i would probably consider it when #2 comes along. We rarely use the pram as it is anyway, I wouldn't want to fork out for a double. I hate how HUGE they are!

i looked all over for a double but couldnt find one anywhere so in the end i went for a smaller, lighter single and am gna get a buggy board for leyla, bring my sling with me all the time so if i have to i can wear the baby and push leyla in the buggy :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->