baby wearing

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
Yay! I've gotten the hang of it finally!!! We tried when Char was a newborn and she hated it, tried again today and she's in love with it!! It's just hard to use my arms still, can't really reach around her easily...any tips?

https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/pyxie_rose/IMG_2818.jpg

You both look so gorgeous! She looks so comfy aww xxx

I've started doing it quite a bit with Bella too. It's going to be happening a lot more because my mom is leaving after being with me for almost two months, so I'm going to need all my hands. You'll get used to reaching around her and doing things with her on you.

Hello! I am a huge fan of baby-wearing but had the same problem when my son was a newborn. Once he hit about 3 months old - it all changed and he loved it.

The trick I found was positioning him more upright as opposed to laying down so that my arms had more freedom. He also preferred this as he could see more of what was going on. (This also helped when breastfeeding him in the sling - if you are choosing to do that.)

Once he was able to hold his head up and starting to sit up with assistance, we switched to the Kangaroo carry. Once sitting up on his own, we were able to move to the hip carry.

If you want more info on these carries, just let me know. We loved baby wearing - and STILL do it today and my son is 26 months old and weighs 27 pounds. :)

you look both so happy :happydance:

wonderful pic :hi:

can you put the sling higher up, that you get more free space with your arms.

otherwise try to do things sideways.

I also cannot do much, when I have LO in the sling, as I am a dwarf. need a small stool in the kitchen to get foods ;)

what a wonderful pic, i found that those types of sling didnt work for me until abour 5 months old, we use a moby wrap for Ffion now and she loves it.. once shes older shell go into dif types of slings

Thanks y'all. I went to the store yesterday and instead of leaving Char in the carseat I put her in the sling and she slept the entire time I shopped. It was great. It does tend to get kinda warm for the both of us, but hey, it's summer after all.
Tharperk: any info on other carries would be greatly appreciated!

I use my Moby daily. I use it when I shop too :)

My mother came with one time and insisted on taking the carrier instead :dohh: DD cried nearly the whole time. Needless to say I used the Moby in the next store, and she hasn't bitched about the baby wearing anymore.

:rofl:

https://www.thebabywearer.com/

we just had pouch slings in the beginning. you can get them in different sizes, according to your height. you can find introductions how to measure what size you need, and you could get one, which would baby lift higher up, so you get free space under your arms.

https://www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart/baby-slings-carriers-pouch-baby-slings-c-10_51.html

Tharperk: any info on other carries would be greatly appreciated!

Hello again! Instead of trying to type out all the instructions for all the different types of carries, I found this great website that has instructions (almost tutorial style) for many different carries. (Since I am a new member, the message board will not let me type out the full URL. So...here goes.)

Navigate your browser to a website called "sleepingbaby" and the extension is ".net". Then hover your cursor over the "using your sling" option along the top menu. From the menu that displays under it click "contents". From there you will see all the different topics and how-to's.

Try this and see how it goes for you. Wanna practice first? Try a large sack of flour or a large teddy bear while attempting to learn the carries. :)

Keep at it - the babywearing thing is awesome and can last for quite a long time. HUGS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->