baby weight at 32 weeks ladies?

MissMymmy

Reaction score
I had to have a growth scan today due to two episodes of reduced movement and my little lady is weighing in at 4lbs 9oz at bang on 32 weeks. She was 2lbs 13oz at 28 weeks so wandering what she'll end up being at birth as its been 7 years since my son so can't remember his estimated scan weights!

Anyone else had a scan at this time and got an EFW?

:flower:

I had one was 29 w and 5 days and baby was 3lb 6oz. Heading for 9lb born... eeekkk

I wouldn't worry too much apparently they can be out by quite a bit these growth scans. I see more posts about how inaccurate they are than accurate :) at 34 weeks i had one estimating 5lb 10oz. My last 2 boys were almost 9lb and this one is also a boy so I'm expecting to have another one similar size lol x

I'm having one on the 25th because they want to make sure this baby boy doesn't get too big. His older brother (my first) was 9lbs 15oz and they want to keep an eye on this one.

I wouldn't worry too much though, because those ultrasounds can be way off. They thought my first was only going to be 8lbs 8oz because of a growth scan around 36 or 37 weeks (I can't remember). Surprise!

Usually though I think the ultrasounds measure big, not small. There are a lot of stories of women who thought they were going to have monster babies due to growth scans, but turned out to have normal sized ones.

Honestly I think that is a good weight. I wouldn't call it small at all, considering that Babysizer says the EFW at 32 weeks is only 3.8 lbs. I know a lot of people claim they were going to have 10 lbers according to late scans, but I think that is a rarity as long as the tech was thorough. Usually weights are not off by more than a pound at most. Since babies gain about a half pound a week in the third trimester that would put your baby around 8 to 8 1/2 lbs by your due date. Not super large but not "small" by any means either.

At 32 weeks mine was estimated at 4 lb 6-10 oz, so almost the same as yours! My previous 2 were 7 lb 2.5 oz and 6 lb 11 oz at birth.

I had one at 31 weeks and he was 4lb 11oz so is probably over 5lb by now. My son was 4lb 3oz at the same gestation and he was 8lb 12oz so expecting a 9lber

I just had a growth scan at 34 weeks and she’s estimated at 6.1 already!
Thank goodness they’re bringing her early :haha:

I think this will be me. I have a scan this week.

Why are they bringing her early x

I think this will be me. I have a scan this week.

Why are they bringing her early x

I know they’re inaccurate; but that size scares me :haha:
I have severe SPD and an irritable uterus, so I’m in a lot of pain and getting non-progressive contractions all the time. They’re booking either a csection (if she’s still breech) or induction when I get to 37 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->