Baby will not take bottle :(

Sunshine Star

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm nearly at wits end. I'm heading away the Easter weekend for my sisters hen do (4nights abroad) and we've been trying to get baby to take a bottle of my expressed milk for a few weeks and he will not do it.

We've tried changing bottles.. Tommie tippee, minbie, I've been or the house, tried syringe, cup, smelling of me and he just won't take it from my husband. I'm really anxious about leaving him but I just can't let my sister down, but can't leave him if I know he'll not be feeding properly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Xxx

No advice as I was never able to get my breastfed baby to take a bottle, but any chance you could take baby with you when you go away?

Can you do a trail run leave him with your husbanrd for a day and see if he will take bottle when your not around ?

How old is your son is he on solids ?

No advice as I was never able to get my breastfed baby to take a bottle, but any chance you could take baby with you when you go away?

Thanks Jess, this is an option but I would rather not as I don't think it's fair on my sister. There's a lot of things I wouldn't be able to take part in, but this is a last resort Xx

Can you do a trail run leave him with your husbanrd for a day and see if he will take bottle when your not around ?

How old is your son is he on solids ?

I've tried going out for a wee while but my husband hasn't been able to feed him and my son refuses to take anything. Sorry I should have said he's only 12 weeks old.", so not on solids. It breaks my heart to have to leave him but I feel i owe my sister my time Xx

All i can say is keep trying. It's a hard one with such a young baby no real advice but I don't think bringing a baby on a hen party is an option considering it's usually alot of drinking and partying not fair on you or other ladies.

Could you do something special with your sister in few months Im sure she would understand if you had to miss it.

All i can say is keep trying. It's a hard one with such a young baby no real advice but I don't think bringing a baby on a hen party is an option considering it's usually alot of drinking and partying not fair on you or other ladies.

Could you do something special with your sister in few months Im sure she would understand if you had to miss it.

Thanks so much for your input, we'll keep trying for sure. I'm almost certain my sister would prefer us to both come, rather than miss it and because we're staying in a big house perhaps I can find some quiet moments, understand your point though- it's crossed my mind.

Just saw this so not sure if you figured it out already. I had a similar question earlier and what I've found (and also have read) is to warm the milk pretty warm like questionably warm. This was the only way we got LO to take the bottle at first. Now I'm back at work and he drinks bottle during the day he's a lot less picky about the temperature. I've heard the same thing worked for other babies too. My LO likes como tomo bottles I think because the nipples are soft but he could be persuaded to take other bottles if the milk was sufficiently warm too.

How old is baby?

My breastfed baby was refusing bottles but eventually took MAM bottles. Maybe it's worth a try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->