Baby with an attitude?!

Cupcake9596

Reaction score
Eva is 7 months old, and as a newborn, was an angel - only cried to be fed and changed. How things have changed!

She literally screams, and I don't mean that she cries. This is literally a high pitched scream with no tears. It's so bad that my ears ring constantly. She'll scream when she wakes up, when she's getting changed, when I give her a bottle, when she has breakfast and also when she's finished.

She'll scream if her dummy falls out, but god forbid I try and give her it back, because you guessed it! She'll scream. She'll scream if I'm eating and she's not, or if she's not the centre of attention. Basically you get the gist, she screams all day.

It's getting to the point where I look forward to bedtime and dread the morning. My OH works nights so most of the time, it's just me and her. Somehow, I don't think her behaviour is normal. Does anyone else have any experiences similar?

My LO started screaming around that age, but not to the same extent that yours does, and she didn't really do it out of anger or frustration but more just to hear the sound of her own voice. Once she started babbling other sounds (baba, mama, dada, etc) she stopped screaming so much. Hopefully your LO grows out of it too!

I think that's what worries me because she sometimes screams in reaction to things, not just for fun. She does babble "dada" and other noises a lot, but it hasn't stopped the screaming, arghhh'

I hear ya !!! I have one of them :) my LO is also 7 months and screams without tears alot!!! She screams if she can't see me , if I leave the room , if her food isn't quick enough , when its finished , if she bored , if she throws a toy away which is alot , getting her clothes changed , getting her nappy changed !!..... Basically most of the time ! She too babbles alot but boy does she like to let you know she is not happy !!! Se is tiny but mighty.

It does get on my nerves at times , I think its just a stage and she will move on from it ... That's what keeps me going !!!! Until then I try give her what she needs to stop it lol

This is really normal around this age. Some of it likely has to do with separation anxiety, which tends to happen about 7-12 months. Even when you are there with her (like you don't have to be 'separated'), they can just be really easily upset because development is happening all so fast and the world as they know it is changing and it can all be very stressful for both of you. I also found this happened with teething, so is there any possibility she might be teething? Both settled down in time. We had separation anxiety from about 7 months to 11 months, and then one day, it was like a switch flipped and mine was a completely different baby, back to being easy and happy and laid back again. Just roll with it and try to get support and have a break for yourself when you can.

My LO doesn't scream but she makes this horrible whinging noise which grates through me. Somedays I feel like she's never happy and nothing I can do stops it!!! I too hope it's a phase and that it passes quickly :hugs:.

This is really normal around this age. Some of it likely has to do with separation anxiety, which tends to happen about 7-12 months. Even when you are there with her (like you don't have to be 'separated'), they can just be really easily upset because development is happening all so fast and the world as they know it is changing and it can all be very stressful for both of you. I also found this happened with teething, so is there any possibility she might be teething? Both settled down in time. We had separation anxiety from about 7 months to 11 months, and then one day, it was like a switch flipped and mine was a completely different baby, back to being easy and happy and laid back again. Just roll with it and try to get support and have a break for yourself when you can.

She is teething - she already has 6 teeth! I do think that's made things a lot harder as it's harder to keep her happy and occupied for longer than 2 minutes :dohh:

My LO doesn't scream but she makes this horrible whinging noise which grates through me. Somedays I feel like she's never happy and nothing I can do stops it!!! I too hope it's a phase and that it passes quickly :hugs:.

I know exactly what type of whinging noise you mean - if she's not squealing, she's whinging and whiney :nope: It also drives me crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->