baby wont settle during day naps

kelly342000

Reaction score
over the last few days seren is refusing to settle in her moses basket for naps. she drops off when being fed or if i rock/cuddle her but if i try to put her down she wakes up and starts crying and just wont settle until i pick her back up. she has never been like this before. she also seems to want feeding every hour and a half, am wondering if this not settling is just part of another growth spurt? i have been stressed out more in the last few days and her daddy has just gone back to work after being off for 3 weeks easter hols, could it be this unsettling her? she goes down in her cot at night no probs!
a friend suggested controlled crying but i don't like that idea as she normally only cries when she needs something, so am sure something is bothering her beyond the usual needs changing, burping, feeding etc.
thanks

i'm no help really as i have the same problem. i found it easier to just go with the flow. i get a good 11-12hr sleep from him at night so i can get stuff done when he's in bed.

If she's feeding more often, it could be a growth spurt or maybe she's just feeling a bit clingy. I notice that Leyla is a bit unsettled if her dad has been off for a few days and then goes back to work. It's like she's complaining about only having one person's attention again!

Have you tried putting her in her cot for daytime naps? It might not be ideal if you want her downstairs with you etc but maybe there's something about the moses basket she doesn't like. We stopped using Leyla's at about 3 months I think and she started napping on her changing mat on the floor instead! Now she naps in one of those birth-to-toddler rocker things that you can lie almost flat.

tried her in the cot and that didn't work either, so dug out the swaddling blanket, wrapped her up and popped her on our bed and she slept a good 3-4 hours! :) maybe is moses basket she has decided she doesn't like, as have tried again and she still protests . hopefully was just part of a growth spurt and will keep trying or just give up with basket and let her sleep on our bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->