Baby Yogurt??

tattlebaby

Reaction score
Which brand(s) do you guys recommend? They all seem to be made with cows milk, and I thought cows milk wasnt suppose to be introduced until after 1 yr of age. LO has not yet been introduced to Yogurt, so when I do introduce it to her, do I still need to use the 4 day wait period to watch for any allergic reactions? I'm thinking Yogurt by itself is going to taste pretty nasty though thats why lol.

You can introduce dairy before a year. When milk is processed into other forms it's easier to digest. That's why some people who are lactose intolerant can eat ice cream but can't drink milk.

I didn't bother with baby yogurt and just went for full fat plain yogurt. To me, plain yogurt is horrible tasting but babies have never had flavored or plain yogurt before so they don't know the difference. DD1 LOVED plain yogurt at 9 months. To this day she still loves it and we do fruit flavor ones but they have added sugar that they don't really need. So go for the plain kind first and baby may surprise you by liking it.

they can have cows milk in food including yogurt and cheese etc from 6months. They just can't have it as a drink till 1. I mostly give full fat natural yogurt and mix it with fresh fruit but they do have brands like petit filous occasionally.

I didn't bother with baby ones and just got Petit Filous ones instead.

As others have said, cows milk is fine before 12 months in stuff like yoghurts. The first yoghurts I ever gave my LO's were the Rachels My First Yoghurts and/or Petit filous

I used to buy the stonyfield baby ones. LO loved them. Now she still eats stonyfield just not limited to the baby or toddler ones.

I used stonyfield baby ones, they are some of the only full fat whole milk yogurt ones. I wanted to make sure he wasn't getting low fat or fat free ones, babies need fat.

At 1, I tried whole milk greek yogurt, and he liked it a LOT BETTER. He still eats the greek gods traditional yogurt, it's not low fat.

Cheese and yoghurt definitely OK before 1, in fact (unless you are following a vegan diet with replacement fats and proteins from other sources) then cheese especially is important nutritionally.

Agree that babies often like plain yoghurt because they aren't used to or expecting the flavour of processed sugar. You can add fruit puree to it if you like.

As LO got older I did use Rachel's and Plum's as they were a lot lower in sugar than other brands, but they are more expensive. I find now that some supermarket own brands are lower in sugar than the branded ones like petit filous.

Definitely need full fat versions.

I've never used any of the baby yogurts because they aren't very healthy. I just buy natural full fat bio yogurt and add fruit puree (or now that she's nearly 2, I often add honey or agave nectar and cinnamon instead of puree). It's a normal natural source of sugar and without all the fillers and colourings and weird stuff in baby yogurt. We did cow's milk from the start at 6 months, like others have said, as dairy is perfectly fine from 6 months, just not as a replacement for breastmilk or formula (so fine in food, but not in bottles) before 12 months. We probably didn't do yogurt until about 9 months though, which is when she could handle a spoon enough to feed it to herself (we did BLW). Before that, she wasn't really interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->