babylegs/huggalugs - silly comment from sister

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
my sister asked me other day 'what are those ridiculous things on that poor boys leg!'

I told her they make nappy changes easier, protect his knees while crawling and I think he looks great in them.

And she said ' that's a sin you wouldn't wear them!' :saywhat::wacko:

No i wouldnt (well I might :haha:) but I wouldnt wear sleepsuits and still put them on adam - what a silly thing to say! She insists on having digs about everything I do.. Babywearing, cloth nappies, BFing - she's p*ssing me right off. Whats it to her what i do with my child?and i dread to think what she'd say if she knew i co-slept :argh:

Anyone else get silly remarks like this about their parenting choices? :flower:

Cheek! Next time you see her make sure you're wearing leg warmers stretched upto your bum :haha:

LO's nan (on his dad's side) looooves to make comments - always directed at the baby of course! Last one that irked me was when I told her we co-sleep - 'ooh yeah, she likes it now, but will she when you're screaming and won't go into your own bed?' Grrr.
The worst was when Lucas was about a week old, I was BF and she, my mum and FOB's neice were visiting, When Lucas got hungry she asked if I'd like to go into the bedroom to feed him(!!?) How about NO it's MY effing house you go into the bedroom if you don't want to see it!! :growlmad:
Of course I didn't say that at the time, I went into the bedroom.. :nope:

Cheek! Next time you see her make sure you're wearing leg warmers stretched upto your bum :haha:

LO's nan (on his dad's side) looooves to make comments - always directed at the baby of course! Last one that irked me was when I told her we co-sleep - 'ooh yeah, she likes it now, but will she when you're screaming and won't go into your own bed?' Grrr.
The worst was when Lucas was about a week old, I was BF and she, my mum and FOB's neice were visiting, When Lucas got hungry she asked if I'd like to go into the bedroom to feed him(!!?) How about NO it's MY effing house you go into the bedroom if you don't want to see it!! :growlmad:
Of course I didn't say that at the time, I went into the bedroom.. :nope:

Aw I know the feeling! :hugs:

I wish they stocked adult huggalugs Id be strutting around in them like it was nobody's business! :coolio:

I've had the same comments about boy leggings, and YES, I do wear thermal trousers in winter, as does OH as it's flipping freezing here in winter!warm baby having fun in the carrier or stuck in the house? Mmm, know my choice!! Grrrrr.

I have seen pics of those babylegs and they look absolutely adorable. I can't wait to go to the store that carries them around my area. Its about 45 minutes away.
I understand how you feel though cos my mom is always making comments too. We were discussing SIDS of the weekend and I told her that BF'd babies are at a lower risk. She then said (sarcastically of course) well your baby isn't because she's at risk of being suffocated by two adults...seriously mom? UGH!!! I just shook my head and changed the subject.

Im so glad I dont have people around me who say such things..I think because they know what type of reaction they would get out of me..and then woudlnt be in my life any longer..I dont take crap from anyone..and will give them the open door to exit my life..
I have never never ever had people say such things to me...
People will take and give as much as you allow them to.
Funny how people love to tell you how to raise and care for your child...I dont mind advice, and questions and real concerns ...but other than that ...:nope:

Got a picture of these? Curious as to what they look like... Sorry your sister is such a pest.

Aww what a shame! I think babies look fab in their Babylegs! He's your baby, and if you wanna keep his legs warm, protect them while he's crawling, make nappy change time easy AND show off his gorgeous fluff, then why shouldn you!
Evie has loads and she nearly always has a pair on. I'm lucky that my MIL thinks they're gorgeous, and she's the same about the nappies too. She's sad that they never had the choices we do now, it was all terry squares, nappy pins and waterproof pants!

Got a picture of these? Curious as to what they look like... Sorry your sister is such a pest.

here are a few for you...I LOVE EM!!
But I think the winter will be too cold for just baby leggs shirt and fluffy bum!:haha:

Attachments

• 6a00d83451586c69e200e54f34606c8834-800wi.jpg
    6a00d83451586c69e200e54f34606c8834-800wi.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 9
  • baby_legs.jpg
    baby_legs.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 10
  • baby-legs-main.jpg
    baby-legs-main.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 6
awwwwwwwwwwww such cute pics, i need to talk dh into babylegs yet lol i have friend who is selling "cut for cloth style" leggings but i want the boys to have something over their feet too as neither will keep socks on unless they are also wearing shoes

Im so glad I dont have people around me who say such things..I think because they know what type of reaction they would get out of me..and then woudlnt be in my life any longer..I dont take crap from anyone..and will give them the open door to exit my life..
I have never never ever had people say such things to me...
People will take and give as much as you allow them to.
Funny how people love to tell you how to raise and care for your child...I dont mind advice, and questions and real concerns ...but other than that ...:nope:

I never had comments like that - until I had a child! :nope:

My son has a pair of huggalugs and he looks lovely in them, friends do make negative comments but i just ignore them. My 4yr old said today 'why is Alexander wearing leggings?' :lol:

Oh's dad (who is a plumber and a proper 'welsh bloke' lol) called him a wuss the one day when he was wearing some (blue striped ones with his camo BBSS!) and this was out in teh street where we'd gone to meet him! then he said something like 'god what are they dressing yhou in, you'll be in stockings and suspenders next'
but i jsut laughed as thats the sort of stuff he always comes out with ....
I dont care as they look fab anyway! And I thought in thew inter he can wear them as an extra layer under trousers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->