Baby's heartbeat has dropped

jw1555

Reaction score
I went to the midwife today at 32 weeks + 5 and she scared me a little! She listened to the heartbeat and then asked me to sit up so she could listen to it that way. I hasn't had that done before so thought it was a bit strange, then she asked me to stand up and she listened to it again. At that stage she told me that the heartbeat sounded slow and had dropped from the 150 it usually was to 136. I was really worried but she kind of brushed over it and just said she would check it again in 2 weeks. Has anyone else experienced something similar? I can't help worrying now even though when I look it up 136 is quite normal?

Totally normal! At every midwife appointment my los hb was in the 140s but at 39wks on a ctg, it stayed around 120 the whole time.

If they are not worried I would try not to stress about it. My little guy was at 142 yesterday so that's not much higher and dr said it was good. I know that the rate does decrease during the span of pregnancy. If you're really concerned give them a follow up call just to ease your mind. I'm sure they are used to it. :)

Thank you both of you, that makes me feel much better! So glad to know it's fairly normal. Sometimes I think my midwife says things without realising how scary they might sound, I always leave with more questions than I went in with!

My baby's heart rate varies loads, usually settles around 120-130. The baby's heart rate will be slower or faster depending on yours and its activity rate at the time too.
Xx

harrys hb was always less than 140 his was frquently 129 :) so dont worry
this little lady is around 155 think girls are a bit faster though

emma

Sophie's was 150 at my 20 week appointment, but 135 and every appointment after that. She is a slow and steady toddler now...never in a rush!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->