Baby's lost 6oz in 4 days :(

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
My daughter is 12 weeks old and ebf. At first she gained 8oz per week and then it averaged out at around 5oz a week. On Wednesday I weighed her and she was 10lb 11. This morning I weighed her again and 10lb 5. Can't understand it, she was pretty unsettled tuesday-Friday but back to her usual happy self now. Worried! X

Dont worry just yet. Are you weighing her yourself or getting it done at a clinic as their scales are much more accurate than home scales. Also like adults their weight varies depending on the time of day. I would feed as often as you can and weigh again in another 2 days. If still losing weight ring your health visitor or go to a clinic.

Bit embarrassing I just checked what I wrote down and I converted from kg to lb wrong she's actually still 10lb 11 :blush: so not fantastic but better than a loss. Phew. I weigh her at home but they are scales that have been calibrated and loaned to me from the hv as Alice is on the Coni scheme x

oh good. Hope it continues. I you can i would try to weigh only once a week. I became a bit obsessed by Isaacs weight gain when he was younger. :flower:

It's pretty common for babies to not gain anything for a few days and then gain a few oz in a couple of days, especially BF babies. I would try to stick to weighing once a week as an absolute max, anything more will just give misleading readings xx

Thanks ladies I keep telling myself to only weigh her once a week but I find it so hard! X

I can understand. My second eldest and middle boy both had serious weight gain and growth issues, and with second eldest he dropped from the top of the chart to the bottom, so with my second youngest I weighed him all the time. I wanted to catch any potential blips early. I don't have a proper class III scale but I have a Laica brand scale which are used in baby clinics in various countries so are pretty accurate and well trusted. I also tested it against the scale at my local clinic as I weighed him then shortly afterwards had a midwife appointment there and it was only about an oz under the weight my scale was showing. I soon found out though that he would gain quite erratically but in the end he would always gain a similar amount in a week. With my youngest I weighed him less often, there was an occasion where he did lose 4oz for real as he had norovirus but he quickly recovered and put the weight back on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->