Baby's movement after exercise

Katteh

Reaction score
Ive been doing zumba 2-3 times a week throughout my pregnancy, but now that baby is moving more, I've noticed it goes quiet for an hour or two after a Zumba class.

How do other peoples baby's react after exercise? I do wonder if the horrendously loud music keeps baby awake for the hour and then it sleeps it off afterwards...?!

This baby is a lot quieter movement-wise, compared to my daughter, so I have found it hard to get used to having quieter periods! I can go for hours during the day without feeling any movement when I'm on my feet. Wondering if it means this baby might be a bit calmer than my whirlwind daughter! :haha: xx

I haven't exercised in a long time (shame on me:blush:), but when I did I definitely noticed a decrease in movement afterward. Same with walking around a bunch. My mom brought up a good point - maybe the baby is being lulled to sleep by the swaying of your hips ;)

Well they do they say that when your walking around and being busy you do kind of rock them to sleep so maybe its that, if your really concerned ask your midwife or doctor about it. :)

I did ask my midwife and she didn't really give an explanation, just said if I've always done Zumba then it won't be hurting the baby at all, so not to worry about it!x

Yes most books and sites I read talk about babies sleeping during exercise. No worries

https://www.livestrong.com/article/543604-no-fetal-movement-while-exercising/

Mine is asleep for at least half hour after exercise, sometimes longer.

Yes definitely! Especially after I've done aqua aerobics, she sleeps for ages!

I run quite a bit, but had to stop/do a lot less in between because my shins were hurting. When I started going for longer again I noticed my baby moved a lot less right after. Now I've noticed it moves much sooner after I'm done my workout than it did before, maybe it just needed to get used to the new movement. Maybe yours will get used to your Zumba too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->