Babys position

dogluvr

Reaction score
I haven't posted much at all this pregnancy, but I'm miserable now. Baby girl is breech, which is no big deal bey im having a scheduled csection. The issue is she continues to settle in to my lower right back and it's causing me tremendous pain! Today it felt like she was punching me on the right and kicking on the left, all in my back, while shoving her butt out in to my upper stomach so hard it hurt me just to breathe. This lasted for hours today. I was off work most of last week due to the back pain.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get her to move? My OB was of no help and just offered physical therapy.

Have a look at the spinning babies website. There's some things on there you could try. Mine's causing me pain as well, she's found a spot under my rib cage to wedge her feet in and push off against so her bum pushes against my side.

Mine's decided that almost lying sideways is fun. I have pain in my sides whenever I lie down on my side or twist (standing up and sitting or reclining I'm fine - as soon as belly moves to the side = huge pain).

We have an OB at the hospital in my city that I'm going to on Friday to try to get baby to flip. Apparently he's quite good at it.

I've heard from a few people that putting ice where baby's head is can sometimes get them to flip on their own. It's quite uncomfortable for you as well, obviously, but at least two people I know tried it at 37-38 weeks and it worked for them. Baby doesn't like the cold on their head, so they try to get away from it. That's something I'm going to try myself if this turning appointment doesn't work on Fri.

I would try a chiropractor trained in the Webster technique. Even if it doesn't flip baby it should still bring you significant relief. I loved my chiropractor when pregnant with my breech babe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->