babywearing and keeping out of direct sunlight

lindypops

Lin, Si and Eve
Reaction score
So this might sound a bit over zealous, but I'm wondering how other people protect their newborn LOs from direct sunlight while babywearing.

I took Eve out for a walk today, to get used to the sling, and she had a hat one but I had to put a hand across her face to stop the sunlight getting into her eyes.

I've read somewhere that you should avoid strong sunlight on their skin for the first few months and would prefer to do this as Eve doesn't like any direct sunlight in her eyes.

Any advice? Thanks.

When its bright I tend to chuck a muslin over george, which is fine when he's snoozing but he's started trying to look out of the sling a bit more so it could get trickier.

I just try to stay in the shade as much as poss and make sure she's got a good hat on. It can be difficult though, Freya hates sun in her face too.

Yep, all of the above! Sofia hates the sun in her face too, their eyes are so sensitive. Muslin over my shoulder tends to work the best, haven't yet found a hat that fits her properly.

I have the Close carrier, and it's great for this as you can just drape a bit of the fabric over baby's face :thumbup:

Shadow xx

I use the parasol that I use on the pram as or is detachable. I take a small rucksack around with me when I am baby wearing so I can just slot it into the side of the bag.

Hat if its an open carrier, if its a wrap I would tuck his head in it. Or staying in shade is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->