Babywearing & dog walking

aliss

Reaction score
Any tips from babywearing moms that also have furbabies? My dog is a pulling breed (he doesn't generally pull, but as a spitz breed, has that tendency), so I would just like a bit of advice. I'm not worried about the safety (he is 32lbs & I am fairly strong - weight lifter/bodybuilding), but what about longer walks, tips on what leash to use (I currently use a martingale collar), etc?

Thanks! :kiss:

I don't have my own dog, but I often take my neighbors dog on 1h minimum walks every few days. He just has a plain regular leash and pulls quite a bit at the beginning of the walk (their family is very busy so he doesn't get out enough and he is a little excitable at first) but it is totally fine. We usually go hiking/walking and it is really easy carrying LO and the dog. I find it wayyyy less cumbersome than walking a dog with the stroller.

ps: I do weightlifting too! :D

xx

Hey fellow weightlifter :thumbup:

Thanks so much. I tried walking him with the stroller and just ... nah. It sucks. It is just so big and cumbersome! How do you pack for the walk? Do you do walks immediately after feeding the baby? My dog needs a good 2-3 hours per day walking (which we all love!)

Hey fellow weightlifter :thumbup:

Thanks so much. I tried walking him with the stroller and just ... nah. It sucks. It is just so big and cumbersome! How do you pack for the walk? Do you do walks immediately after feeding the baby? My dog needs a good 2-3 hours per day walking (which we all love!)

I usually do walk with LO after he has fed - especially if I am going to be out for a while. Though I could always feed him if we were out and he got hungry - he used to eat every 2h at first, but now goes 3.5h or so. I pack some snacks for me, water and a tennis ball. The dog has a handy doggy backpack that lets me carry stuff so I don't need to bring a bag!! :thumbup: I also have a pouch on my carrier for stuff like phone, keys, money, etc. I don't bring anything else with me, but now that the weather is getting so warm I think I will have to pack sunscreen - I have been paranoid of late that my LO will burn as the sun is feeling so hot.
2-3h of walks a day!! That sounds so nice... I really want a dog of our own, but OH isn't into it. Luckily there are lots of dogs that need walking around here, so I am getting my dog fix by walking other peoples LOL... Maybe I should start a dog walking service!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->