Back from diving!....and I want to go back!!

Sakura15

Reaction score
Hello ladies!!

I'm back from my diving trip to Cebu in the Philippines, and boy am I glad I went!! True confession - I bawled like a baby the night before because I didn't want to go without OH, but I put my big girl panties on and got on that plane and I'm so glad I did!

The diving itself was challenging but oh so rewarding. Marine life is just simply gorgeous, and there is nothing like the peace and quiet underwater. On my last couple of days, I met such a nice bunch of other solo-women-travellers. They all live in Asia too and we are now in a little Facebook group trying to make plans for when we will see each other again! I loved that particular spot in Cebu so much that I am trying to see if I can go back before my big summer trip. I really want to go again this year before (hopefully) getting pregnant.

Blue starfish are my FAVOURITE! It took everything in me not to go get a blue starfish tattoo when I got back, but OH hates tats :sad2: So I'm looking for a nice blue starfish necklace or bracelet instead, hehehe. Here are some pics! I didn't take them myself - borrowed from Google, but I only picked the ones that look exactly like what I saw, lol!!

Attachments

• turtle.jpeg
    turtle.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 1
  • reef.jpeg
    reef.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1
  • sardines.jpeg
    sardines.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1
  • moalboal.jpeg
    moalboal.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1
  • bluestarfish.jpeg
    bluestarfish.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 62
Sounds like you had a brilliant time. I'm glad it went well for you. Those photo's look gorgeous! My hubby is a diver so he'll be on looking at flights if I show him those! lol

Sounds awesome, raja ampat is supposed to be a big diving Mecca in the far east too and it looks amazing.

I used to dive but haven't for around 18 months, had a few bad dives and my hubby will never do it so I just stick to snorkelling now. Been lucky to go to Egypt last three years and Maldives five times, worry I'll miss it lots if/when we have babies :dohh:

I have my paid open water but haven't been since as we were ttc then pg. I loved it though, very jealous!

Glad you had such a wonderful time Sakura!

Thanks ladies!

Thanks for the tip jtr - I'd really like to plan our future travels around diving spots. Hoping OH will follow-up and get his PADI OW as well. What happened on your 'bad dives'?

Went searching online and found a cheap flight back for first week of July...and food and everything there was so cheap....so tempted!!

You should do it Sakura! It may prove to be difficult to get away after you have a LO.

You should do it Sakura! It may prove to be difficult to get away after you have a LO.

That is quite true, busytulip. I was *this* close to booking, but then I started to think about the fact that though we are stable, even a cheap flight has to be accounted for, especially since maternity expenses might run us a bit high as we live outside of our home country. Plus I also want to go to Bangkok next month so I thought I should exercise just a tiny bit of restraint! I do have what should be a pretty epic summer coming up though, so definitely taking full advantage of what I hope to me my final baby-free days!

I am so glad you went and had a great time :) I have my dive master and love diving! If you are already planning a trip to Thailand if you could extend it a bit Thailand has some fantastic diving! Koh Tao and Koh Phi Phi are both amazing and not too far from Bangkok. They are also very affordable and stunning places for vacation as well. Although I think the Philippines was one of my favourite Asian countries. Another great place for diving is Bali if you get down in that direction at all.

We are going to the Galapagos in June and doing a liveaboard before ttc, I am excited but makes me sad a little as my husband and I love diving together and this will be the last diving trip together for a while. But having a little baby will definitely be worth it:)

If you are ever looking for advice on diving, let me know. I have done well over 100 dives and a lot of them were around Asia :) Soooo happy you went and enjoyed :)

Good on you for your divemaster, mrsjarebear! 100 dives - amazing. Koh Phi Phi is phenomenal - I went about a year and a half ago & would love to go back now that I have my PADI OW, but may not be enough time as I only have a weekend for the trip :( .

Yay for the liveaboard! That's awesome. I'd love to hear about other dive sites in Asia. Getting my OW was on my WTT 'bucket list', but now it feels like it was the start of something, not the end, lol! I want to explore so many sites now, but that may be slightly challenging over the next couple of years. OH is not as interested in diving as I am though, which I thought was a bummer before. But now, I'm thinking maybe on our future vacations, he won't mind staying on the beach with the little one(s) while I go down under!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->