Back in hospital!

collie_crazy

1 Angel, 1 rainbow growin
Reaction score
Well after 8 weeks of bleeding and my consultant not returning my calls yesterday whilst I was visiting my mum in hospital I started bleeding badly! Within minutes it had soaked through a new super pad and right through my clothes - I left my mum in a blind panic and ran to the other end o the hospital where the A&E (ER) is. To cut a long story short after having a night of losing a lot of blood they scanned me this morning and found that I still ha e a lot of placenta left inside. I am booked in for a D&C later today to remove it!

Can't believe this is happening. After Emily was born my contractions weren't stormy enough to deliver the pacenta so the doctor delivered it with forceps surely they should have noticed or should have done a scan at the time to confirm it was all out instead of this 8 weeks later!!!

Sorry on my phone and just read that back there are a million spelling mistakes lol. It should say my contractions weren't strong enough not stormy enough :haha:

oh collie, I'm so sorry it has come to this! hope you are okay. let us know how you are after the procedure, when you are feeling up to it. will be thinking of you xx

Poor you, how distressing for you...:hugs:

I may find myself in the same position as I gave birth last Saturday, and delivered the placenta, and even through all the grief and horror I did ask if it was intact. They said it looked like it was, but on the Sunday I passed a large piece of it, then on Monday 2 more smaller pieces. Last night I passed another very small piece. No one has scanned me since the birth. The bleeding stops and then I get more pains and it gets heavier. I have no idea what is normal here either.

I will call consultant Monday morning and request scan I think. Thinking of you and hope the procedure puts everything right at last. Hugs to you. x:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs: Sorry u are going through this lovely xxxxxxxx At least u now have an answer to your bleeding. xxxxxxxxxx

:hugs:So sorry to hear this! I thought it sounded a bit off that you were still bleeding after so long but I'm no doctor so I didn't say anything. :hugs:

I hope everything goes smoothly with the procedure and I will be thinking of you!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Oh Amanda, I am so so sorry, how in god's name can they have missed that :cry::cry::cry: You have been through enough now this and your thinking of your mom too???? I know after I had Ava in my house I pushed the placenta out in the ambulance and they kept me for 3 hours at the hospital and before I left they gave me a sonogram and said all that was left was a little clot and that i would push it out on my own, which i did. I just can't believe you need to be going through this after you have just been through hell :cry::cry::cry: They should have gave you a sonogram before releasing you after your loss. I am just so sorry and I want you to know I am thinking of you and sending many prayers and much love, also for you mom (Mum) :kiss:
XOXOXOXOOXOXXOO Please update when you can, I will be worried till you do. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry that they let this happen to you. I hope that the procedure went/goes ok and that all is ok xxxx

Well girls I am home :) I had to beg a lot and lie a little to get here but the doctor finally let me home! I have never been so glad to see my own bed - 2 nights in a hospital bed was a nightmare and some of the comments from the doctors and nurses left me wanting to smack them! To think they deal daily with women who have miscarried is horrific if they say those things to them!

The procedure went fine and I insisted on another sonogram before I left to double check everything was definitely gone. I feel OK just tired and slightly crampy but the bleeding has almost stopped already although they have said it may start back in a few days for a little while.

Hellylou I hope you are OK and get things sorted. I had spoken to my GP, nurse and OB consultant about my bleeding and no-one seemed to care that much because I wasn't in any pain and there wasnt any smell. But when they done the scan they said they were very shocked I was able to function because I should have been in a lot of pain. The retained tissue was turning septic inside me :nope: I was passing a lot of very large clots but not the actual placental tissue :shrug: It took me actually hemorrhaging blood for anyone to do anything! Dont let it get that far :hugs:

But its all gone now and I am feeling quite positive that I can start to get my life back together properly.

Soooo glad to hear you are home and doing as well as possible.

It is still so crazy to me that they let it go that long but I'm just thankful you are ok. Hopefully you will stop bleeding completely soon and won't have that nagging constant reminder.

Just take it easy for a little while and let us know how you are doing! :hugs:

I am so happy you are home. I hope you can relax and maybe get a break I know you have a lot on your mind.
XOXO Thinking of you, Amanda :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Glad you are home and sorry they were not great with you yet again. Hopefully this is the end of the medical treatments and now you can concentrate on getting yourself back to normal xxx

really happy it went okay and you are now back home. hopefully the bleeding will be over for you soon xx

I'm glad you are home now but sorry this happened to you in the first place, it's just not good enough.

After losing Missy they scanned me and saw the placenta was still well attached so took me to theatre to take it out then scanned again to check. I wish they had done things properly so you didn't have the horrible physical side to this hurt too :(

I'm so sorry you went though this but glad it's finally sorted. Hope you can focus on healing a bit now. xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Just wanted you to know i am thinking of you and your mom, I lighted a candle in church for you both.
XOXOOXOXOXOOX :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hiya - I never got as far as requesting my scan!

I have just got back from hospital today after being admitted Sunday night after collapsing in the bathroom - bp went v low and anaemic. Had scan showing lots of placenta left inside and had d&c under general last night. I lost a lot of blood and hb count v low, so on lots of iron.

Sorry you had to go through it so long, and hope you're feeling better for it now. Apart from side effects of being under (they destroyed my throat with the tube, and my muscles ache like I've ton 15 rounds in the ring), it is so good to be pain free down below. I was contracting every day and in so much pain, so it's such a relief.

Get well soon hun x

Oh no I'm sorry you had to go through this too :cry: At one point my HB was 30bpm the doctors kept asking me if I was OK and staring at me :haha:

I am feeling a bit better today but my BP is still low and I keep having dizzy spells. I'm also having some tummy cramps so have my trusted hot water bottle out! I'm trying to rest but I'm not very good at it and keep wanting o do things! Its hard when my mum is still very sick in hospital so I want to be with her :nope:

So sorry you had to go through this hunni after everything you've already been through. Hope you are getting plenty of rest. Take care xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->