• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Back labor question

sg0720

Mom of 3
Reaction score
How would I know when to go to the hospital if I feel it all in my back?

Just curious

Really hard to describe, but it's not normal back pain, I've had a bad back at times, sometimes really bad but this was just something else, felt like spinal surgery, no mistaking it not for labour!

Edit, it still came in waves, like contractions, that got closer together so I guess you'd go in when they were close enough together. I had meconium in my waters so went in then, never had to worry about the getting there in time side!

It's there for a long then goes away comes back so mayb it's a combination of both I just get worried because the baby is still moving and stuff but not as much as I'm used to

I think I understand the contractions in the back are real sharp unlike a back dull ache is that right?

Oh yeah, definitely not a dull ache, felt like the bottom of my back was trying to split apart

In my experience back labour is just like front labour, only more intense. I had contractions in my back and front, the contractions came and went at the same time (just in a band all around, with a feeling kind of like someone trying to pull my back apart- which sounds worse than it was!). With my DD I had a patch where some of my contractions were just in my back but they were still clearly contractions.

It's not back ache, or like period pains in your back. To me it was like having my back in a vice getting tighter and tighter. You can't talk through it. It has a definite beginning, peak and end, unlike back ache. It builds up to a peak like front contractions and you can time them.

I had back labour with my son (not back to back just how I laboured my Mum did also) anyway my midwife told me to look for contractions down my bump this never ever happened for me :nope:

The pains came like waves sharp from the back and round to the front it wasn't like any backache I have ever had (I have had some bad ones where I cannot move) this was different!

I didn't realise they were labour but my Mum said it was - I was not able to talk through them until the passed and made me stop in my tracks - we timed them the same as normal contractions I went in when they were 3mins apart

Wow I haven't heard of that. Over the weekend this little guy was making me have contractions 1-2 mins apart when he was moving then he stopped moving and everything stopped so I am 1.5 cm 50%effaced -2 as of Saturday so I'm well on my way Gona try to stay active as I can

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->