Back pain 2 years after spinal block

Elo5

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can relate, I had my daughter 2 years ago in September and always sort of suffered slight lower and upper back pain. I had to have a spinal after birth of my daughter, took serveral attempts to take. Can't remember when the pain started to get this bad but the lower back pain nowadays is awful, it's constantly there and it's so sore :( me and hubby want to plan another baby next year but the thought of having an epidural (which I think I want due to placenta not coming out last time) scares me for them prodding my sore back. I'm fairly active, always walking and I'm average weight so no strain there but I just feel like it's a deeper problem than a bad back? I'm 22 years old and feel like I have the back of an 80 year old. I can't remember the last time I was pain free. Doctor said just take ibuprofen but I can still feel it?! Any advice of stories??

I'm 10 months pp and had the same. I had two epidurals sited then a spinal (which like you took about 4 attempts) I don't think the spinals/epis actually cause the back pain but exacerbate anything that was previously wrong, even if it wasn't really noticed before. I've found doing yoga/Pilates has really helped me strengthen my back and reduce the pain quite a bit. Also I try to avoid being cold as this can set of the nerves making the pain worse. Warm baths, hot water bottles and stretching help me so much! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->