Back pain at 26 weeks - should I worry?

Crosby

Reaction score
At 26.5 weeks I have developed a backache. Even laying down doesnt help. Its not very intensive but just nigging pain that will not go away.

I am not a fan of baths and this seems to be the advice generally for the back ache. Wonder if i can use deep heat instead?

I am worried, should I contact mw or a doctor or maternity ward or is this a common thing?

Thanks ladies

Back pain is common and I wouldn't worry.

The extra weight of the baby etc/baby laying on your neves can cause it

Just keep doing what you're doing- bath, paracetamol if needed hot water bottle. Keep moving when you can

I also use a maternity support belt from mothercare. I've had backache since about 14 weeks now (24+2 now)

I have been getting lower back pains for the last week or so. It isn't constant, and I think it is somewhat common (which doesn't make it any less annoying). I have a doctor appt tomorrow so I plan to bring it up then but I am not too worried about it personally.

I had it with my first pregnancy and have it again with this one. It is really common. It mainly comes from the extra weight of the baby and your body having to adjust to new posture. My Dr recommend getting a pregnancy belt to help carry that weight and take the strain off your back.

Had it constantly with my 2nd baby from 15 weeks on...

Just started getting it with this one...

Backache is only really concerning if it's coming in regular waves, like contractions, because then it can indicate preterm labor.

Try kneeling on all fours and rocking back and forth. Sometimes that will get baby to move into a different position, which can relieve back pain. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->