Back with a vengeance

Onions

Reaction score
Ok so I haven't been around here for ages because things got a bit hectic, but now I am back and renewed! I got engaged at Christmas, and after TTC seriously for just over a year I'm off back to the doctors. I was just wondering what I can ask him, because the last doctor refused to give me metformin for PCOS, which I have pretty severely as I don't actually have periods AT ALL without taking something to bring one on.

The last doctor put me on the pill (what the hell, I want to concieve!). I'm hoping at my appointment on Tuesday I can get my new doctor to put me on metformin as I strongly believe this will help me, is there anything anyone suggests for me to ask/say to him that might help me? I'm sick of being fobbed off now, it feels like I take one step forward and 5 back...

Hi Onions!

I too do NOT have periods on my own. I used to when I was younger, they were irregular still, but I made them happen. I started Metformin on the 22nd, 500mg once a day. I am not sure if it is the Metformin or what exactly, but the very next morning after taking it, I had light pink only when I wiped, sorry TMI =[. It upset my stomach a little. Still pink even today but only when I wipe. I am not really worried just curious I guess. I hope it is a good sign and AF comes soon!!! I would definitely encourage the Dr to let you try Metformin. Alot of my past doctors just shrugged it off as me being too fat. Yes, I know I am but why is it so hard to lose the weight. They wouldn't listen. Finally this Dr told me to try the Met and referred me to an OBGYN that I will see on May 8th. I don't really know what you can ask about the Metformin. I am going to have to dig up some questions too when I go next month. I don't have any cysts but the GP thinks I have PCOS which is why he gave me the Met. Good luck with the Dr and congrats on the engagement!!

Thanks! I think I will have to be firm with this guy, I always get the same "too fat" excuse but to be honest I don't think I'm anywhere near the point of not being able to have children because of it, I've seen far larger women get pregnant!

I hear metformin upsets your tummy a little for a while then it settles down? I hope it isn't too bad for you :)

I was so scared to start it because of the all the horror stories, but so far it hasn't been bad at all. Yes, just be honest and straight with him and he will probably start you on it. =]

I too am VERY irregular. I'll get a period at least 2 or less a year. I went to my GP and she said that she couldn't do anything until we have been trying for a year. The thing is, is I don't GET A PERIOD and I know I won't get pregnant.. this has happened before. Everytime I go to the docs they always want to put my on BC because that will make me have a "period" but I want children and BC won't help that.
So now I guess I'm going to have to go sometime next year..
but until then I am taking one a day, vitex, folic acid, one a day for womans, and B12 and buying progesterone cream now.

Anyways, hopefully your doc will put you on metformin

Keep us updated :)

Kaye

Just be firm with the doctor. Some doctors will walk all over you if you dont stand strong. if he wants to put you on something, ask why and demand answers until you feel confident its the right thing for you too. :)

Thanks. I get what you mean about the having to wait. If I don't get periods I won't get pregnant duh! My appointment is in the morning so hopefully I will have a good news update for you then.

Well that went horribly. I'm literally holding the tears in. He treated me like I was stupid and refused to put me on anything, just told me to get MORE blood tests. I asked him how long I would have to wait this time round and he just said nothing will happen quickly. I'm so upset, I just feel like I've never even moved off square one.

Wow, how rude. I am so sorry that happened. :hugs: Did you tell him that you knew that, seeing as yall have been trying for over 2 years? I seen your ticker says TTC for 2+ years. I hope things get better for you. =]

Yeah I told him everything. Seemed he was just in a bad mood if I'm honest, and we suffers for it.

I've taken charge today, taking the norethisterone to bring on a period, then I'm going to use soy isoflavones to try and force ovulation. I'm also booking an appointment with another dr again to try and get someone who listens. Thank you for the hugs, I need it!

Hi I know this is a very old thread but I’m just really curious to know how you got on?

I too will be starting Norethisterone next week along with Metformin and Soy Isoflavones..I have 102 day cycles and have been diagnosed with PCOS xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->