Bacterial vaginosis

Frooty

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had this if so what were your symptoms?

Fishy smelling discharge which makes you feel vile!

Dose of metronidazol antibiotics will clear it up but beware the antibiotics can cause thrush!

Forgot to mention the antibiotics may make you feel sick and cause a foul taste as well. The BV is worse though. Do not drink alcohol at all as these particular antibiotics are very strong.

I ended up in hospital at approx 22 weeks with it - bleeding. Felt very run down and dirty down there.

I had it once in my 20's and again in my 30's-- I'm prone to bladder infections, and I kept getting them again and again for months one year- and never had any other symptoms (that I could tell)- and the doc checked me for BV and that was it- just a big dose of antibiotics. No real symptoms in my 30's either-- not even bladder infections. Just discovered it when I went in for my annual after my LO was born. Again, dose of antibiotics- for 10days- no worse than normal biotics (least for me).

Obviously depends on you- but if you suspect it could be, better to get it checked out hun.

Just had it last month actually- fishy smell after sex (gross!!) and a stringy discharge through my whole cycle. If you suspect you have it, the GP may just give you the antibiotics just incase- I didn't have to get swabs taken or anything I just got the antibiotics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->