Bacterial Vaginosis

HearMyPrayers

Reaction score
I've been struggling with bacterial vaginosis for the last 7-8 years. I might go a month without a flare up but its constantly an issue. After hours of research I'm finding the remedy to keep the infection at bay, but I'm wondering, again after hours of research, I've come across some really interesting theories that BV can prevent couples from conceiving as the bad bacteria can kill off or hinder the motility of sperm as well, it stops the signal to your cervix when your ovulating and your cm never changes and the plug in your cervix remains closed during O therefore sperm can't get through to meet egg. I'm really really starting to wondering if this is true! Right now I am trying an OTC treatment called Prevegyne, its vitamin C vaginal suppositories and apparently its the best thing to use right now to treat/prevent BV. I've up'd my vit c in take, I'm on prenatals, I'm taking cranberry tablets, odorless garlic pills and drinking pure grapefruit juice. I'm avoiding sugars and excessive carb intake.....but anyone else with BV experience? Could the TTC theories be wrong?

I had BV when I got pregnant with my LO. I actually got treated for it when I went in for checkup with my OB.

Probiotics, if you keep your good bacteria strong and your sugar intake down those bad bacteria and candida will have a hard time attacking you. Grapefruit is great too, candida buster.
Yoghurt & Keffer have a few strains of good bacteria too but probiotic caps will blow those bad bacteria out of your system. Have you had to take many antibiotics? Drink much red wine? These too kill your good bacteria, antibiotics being the ultimate worst (funny they treat so many gut infections with them too). They blow out the bad bacteria while destroying your good ones at the same time making you susceptible for recurrence. All the things you're doing are perfect, just add probi caps too and fx that this gets better for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->