Bad, bad cold

nikky0907

Reaction score
The cold season hit me and Lola majorly! :(

It's been a few days now and it isn't getting any better...

Poor thing has a completely plugged nose to the point that I think her throat is all sore from breathing on her mouth because she whinges so much, especially at feeding time.
She has a mild temperature too. She managed to fall asleep last night after I steamed her but this morning it was back in full swing.

Any cold cures for babies?
Maybe those Vicks- somethings?
xxx

Tylenol... the saline nose drops and the nose suction bulb work great... keeping her head elevated at night too..

Hope she feels better soon!

Dont use the vicks vapor rub on her !! there was a thread about that here

Use saline drops for her nose and if you have a nose pump that helps allot..if you are having problems too you can both have a steam shower , let the hot shower run for a few minutes and sit with her ..

mostly theres not much other then saline drops ..lots of fluids and some homeopathic syrups

Do you have snuffle babe over there (simular to Vicks) I rubbed a lil on her chest but on her baby grow and a little around the bumper rather than where her head would lay (if you get me) - I also got stuff from the quacks which was baby paracetamol (medicine) and some drops that cleared her nose - you can also buy those nose clearers for bbaies from your main street pharmacies.

Lots of warm cuddles for Lola and hope you both feel better soon x

oh poor lola :hugs: i prop maddi up in bed with a wedge under her mattress to help with her breathing. and like you said steam, i take her in the bathroom whilst i'm showering. not sure about remedies, maybe capol, not sure what infant paracetamol you have over their honey

:hug: x

1st_baby - Oh I didn't know that about the Vicks vapor rub! I already have the Vicks humidyfier and it works nicely.

Wobbles - I'm not sure if we have the snuffle babe, I'll check tomorrow, thanks. I need to get the nose pump too.

:hugs:

yeah the humidifier works great :) good luck hun ..hope she feels better

We use the plug in vaporizer as well and that worked wonders. We propped Hannah's bed up with phone books (well the head of her bed) and it seemed to make her less snuffly. Sounds like you are doing all you can for her :hugs: Hope you and she feel better soon

saline drops and lots of fluids are the way forward. Ted has been innundated with colds so far..its not fair. He now has bronchiolitis so watch out for high temperatures and a nasty cough - its the season.
see your doc if you get worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->