Bad mummy moment!!! Advice on essential oils please!!

Babyshambelle

Olivia's mum & pregnant!
Reaction score
Sooo....I have forgotten I'm pregnant and I've been using tea tree oil by the bucketload in livs nappy bucket :blush:

I'm not too worried, but just wondering if anyone just uses those sodium bicarbonate pucks? I they are sucessful I might try and make my own with some lavender oil (safe in preg!!!)

Thankies ladies (espeically ellie for poiniting this out!!!) :dohh:

I avoided lavender oil when I was pregnant too as I read that it causes the uterus to relax, which can make labour begin so I avoided it until I was nearly due anyway. I'm not sure how true that is but I thought better safe than sorry.

I would have thought that either in the nappy bucket wouldn't be too bad though, I'd just avoid sniffing it on purpose or using it on my skin etc.

Yes i also thought it was only if it was in skin contact really and I think it has to be quite strong but i could be wrong.

yeah i also heard Lavender can do that ...... what about one of those NE citrus cirlcles.....that night be a good alternative??

theres only 5 essential oils that are safe in pregnancy, i think all should be avoided in the 1st tri but 2nd and 3rd there are some that are ok, lavender, mandarin i think, and some others, i cant remember, lavender has a lot of the same properties as tea tree oil and can used in the same way, it is antibacterial so would be good in nappy bucket, im gna start using soapnuts when i get back off my holiday and will be using lavender in the wash for its antibacterial properties :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->