• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bad news

honeybunch2k7

Reaction score
Saturday night, I started having really bad cramps. I was afraid that these were contractions they were so bad, but I hushed my inner voice. I rationalized that I was very bloated or was having Braxton Hicks. I went to a party that night with family members, and I would get these cramps ever 45-60 minutes. I kept telling myself everything was ok.

The next morning I still had these cramps. At about 8:30, I went to the bathroom, urinated, wiped, and saw blood. I also had this strange sensation as if something was coming down my vaginal canal. I felt there, and I felt this membrane. I still tried to rationalize this to myself. About an hour later, I notice more blood and it was even redder. That was it. I decided I need to see a doctor.

My SO took me to the ER room.

The nurses and docs asked questions and took blood. One doctor let us hear the baby's heartbeat. What a strong heartbeat! Dad and I were very happy. At this point we were hoping it was just a false alarm.

Later, they took me to get an ultrasound. What was strange was that they said the baby was 10 wks,not 16 weeks. How ironic since a few days ago SO and I were flipping thru a book that had ultrasound pics in it. One was of a 10 week fetus, and e pointed out how we missed the fetus' 10th week.

I got to see it. It was very cute! It had very loooong legs like daddy, and the long legs were not in my uterus. The legs were dangling in my vagina. I am not a scientist, but I noticed this. A few moments later the ultrasound technician pointed that out to another doctor.

After the ultrasound, they took me back to my exam room. They would not allow me to stand up and urinate, they wanted to give me a catheter. I thought that was strange. Then a male nurse told me that something was terribly wrong. The baby's legs were in fact outside the uterus, and they didn't want me on my feet. Another doctor told me I was losing the baby, and there was nothing anyone could do. I was 2.5 cm dilated.

I chose to try to push out the baby so I wouldn't need a dilation and extraction. I was somewhat successful, but I still needed a d&e.

I miscarried.

:cry:

i am so srry for your loss .This is my first post and i just came across this site tonight.If you ever need to talk i am always here . I had a m/c on Feb 12 2006.

I am so sorry sweetie :( i shed a tear half way through reading your story. :hugs: You and your Angel will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself hun :hugs:

sweetie i am so sorry.. nothing we say will be enough.
:hugs:

how very very awful for you.
Such a terribly sad story.

Hang on in there.

Sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you

I'm so sorry you had to go through this :( :hugs:

I am so sorry for for your loss and what you had to go through. I recently had a mc at 14 weeks (Dec 07) please pm me if you want to talk at all. You are in my thoughts

I'm so sorry this has happened especially in view of how far you were, it must have been an awful experience, thinking of you x

Thats really terrible and especially when you thought you were so far into your pregnancy. I really hope you're ok. :hugs: :hugs:

Oh sweetheart, :hugs: I am so sorry....I really am.

:hugs:

Honeybunch i am so so sorry xx

I'm so so sorry for your tragic loss https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/cry001.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/cry001.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/cry001.gif
Thinking of you.

:cry: Oh god, I'm so so sorry. Bawling here !! God Bless your Angel....
Ann - Marie :cry:

I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->