Bailey born 12/06/10 @ 31 weeks!!

Archies Mummy

Mummy of 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
Hi Girls,
Dont really know what too say apart from i suppose we are all in the same boat. I started a thread in 3rd trimester, about me going into preterm labour. Well i did!! Bailey was born at 3lb, i feel so deep already. I dont even know where too start, im scared too touch him just incase he breaks, i hate having too ask if i can soothe him, i feel like saying hes my baby!! But i know that its in his best interests. I dont really know where im going with this thread, i just needed to let it out, you know. I would appreciate any advice from anyone, because right now i feel like i dont even want to get up in the mornings, the only thing keeping me going is my two year old son. :cry: Xx

Heres some pictures......

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 81
Hey hun! Glad to see you move over here! :)

Congrats hun.

He looks like a right lil chubster, really healthy looking!

He wont be there for long, at 31 weeks. Does he need breathing assistance?

Get up in the morning and get ready for this bundle of joy to invade the house in no time!!!!!

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy he is gorgeous.

It is very difficult at the beginning as I think it is a shock to see a baby so tiny and in neonatal but you do gradually get used to it and you will feel more comfortable with it especially when you get to hold him. You will be amazed how tough these lo are. You will also get used to their size. My little girl is 7lb now and were everyone thinks she is tiny I think she is a giant now!

If they haven't shown you how to do containment holding ask them as it is comforting for them and nice to do.

This forum is great for answering any questions you have.

Congrats on the birth of your son! I had my LO at 28 weeks. It is hard but i spent all of my time with him in the special care unit helped me to bond with him and feel like i was doing something as i would help to feed him and clean him. He looks really good and healthy and i bet it wont be long before he comes home.

I noticed that you are in Croydon too. Is he at Mayday?

Hi Honey, I'm not from this section but I just wanted to say how beautiful Bailey is. Lots of hugs to you all :hugs:

Congratulations, he's gorgeous. Sadly I don't think anyone of us on here can tell you you have an easy time with a LO in SCBU but I promise it does get better and you will get more and more confident about holding him and feeding etc. There is also definitely a strange feeling of not feeling like the baby is your own, when like you say, you have to ask when you want a cuddle.

Hopefully the nurses looking after him will be sympathetic and advise you on his care plan and what you can expect. I got very frustrated as I felt like I had no answers about Poppy's care and it wasn't till I spoke at length to a senior nurse that I had more realistic expectations of what was to come.

Hope he is home soon but in the meantime feel free to vent on here :) xx

Aww hez lovely n looks massive for his age lyk my l.o! Dont worry hun u'll feel sooo much confident to touch him soon. I was scared at first but now its jus natural, congrats hun- it'll get betta soon x

Congratulations, Bailey is gorgeous. I echo the words stated above. You are in shock and bereaved. Don't lose faith, believe in your little one, he is so strong and a little fighter.
Big hugs, as someone mentioned above, jump out of bed and be with your little one. It is hard but will get easier, many a time I wanted to drive right past the hospital but I didn't and as soon I walked into the unit and saw my little girl, felt the rush of love for her, I felt everything was going to be ok. x

Congratulations! Bailey is lovely, and as everyone else has said he looks so big for his gestation! I'm sure he will be home in no time, and things WILL get easier :hugs:

Hi thanks for the supportive words girlies, i do hope it gets easier it just hurts alot too see him struggling, and know theres nothing i can do.

Sue247: Hi, my son is in Mayday at SCBU, have you any experience with the unit?

Sb22: Hey, the first night he was taken off the ventilator, but yesterday he seemed to be struggling a little so they put him back on. Im hoping that he might find his rythmn again and be able too come off!!

Alot of you have said he looks big for his gestation, i just hope he keeps the weight, hes quite long anyway i would say, lol. Im happy because they have started feeding him with his milk and so far sooooo good!! I wanna fatten him up, lol. :baby:

Hi thanks for the supportive words girlies, i do hope it gets easier it just hurts alot too see him struggling, and know theres nothing i can do.

Sue247: Hi, my son is in Mayday at SCBU, have you any experience with the unit?

Sb22: Hey, the first night he was taken off the ventilator, but yesterday he seemed to be struggling a little so they put him back on. Im hoping that he might find his rythmn again and be able too come off!!

Alot of you have said he looks big for his gestation, i just hope he keeps the weight, hes quite long anyway i would say, lol. Im happy because they have started feeding him with his milk and so far sooooo good!! I wanna fatten him up, lol. :baby:

Hi there. Yes, my son was at Mayday in the SCBU for nearly 3 months. Please feel free to PM me if you want to. It will get easier, i found it so hard at first and found it hard to believe that he would be ok as he was so small. They kept saying to me that i might feel like i am missing out on something as he is not home but he should not even be here! My son came home around the time he was due.x

Congratulations!
Its so scary! We all have been there so anything you need answered I am sure one of us has experienced it.
I was very lucky my girls were born a day shy of 30 weeks weighing 3lb10 and 3lb5! Spent 4 weeks in hospital and then they were home!
If you have any concerns speak to a nurse there. They are there to help you. You will get used to having a tiny baby and handling will be easier, Remember there is a first time for everything!

Big congratulations!

I know how difficult it is, everyone says just take it one day at a time which is true and know that it does get better:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->