Baking with Maca Powder

nobump

Reaction score
Hi, bought some maca powder but hubby says it is very sweet... was thinking of making scones or something so that he will still be taking it but in disguise. :thumbup: has anyone else tried this?

thanks

No I haven't :) Did you know you can buy Maca capsules? I've never bought the powder but I have bought capsules for DH :thumbup:

Mmm where do you get them in the UK thought I did well tacking the powder down to Holland and Barratt. thanks

I looked it up for you but any health food store or vitamin store should have them :thumbup: I'm in Australia and I can get them in in our health food store :)
here's the link I found

https://www.thesuperfoodco.co.uk/in...fbd7c93b1c22abff074f079&keyword=Maca+capsules

I got this maca in powder form from H&B https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=3969&prodid=4336
I usually add it to hubby's coffee and generally sprinkle it around everything he eats although he does notice sometimes and complains that things taste bad

Yes, have you ever tried the capsules? They're very easy to take, and you wouldn't have to worry about coming with new recipes all the time. ;-)

Just found out hubby has started to take this on his own. Think he has got msg IVF will not be an easy option so got try other things first

i agree pills would be easiest. I used to put it in our shakes and it's got a weird taste, i could barely handle the strange flavour. Dont think i'd call it sweet either, just off. It's like Royal jelly, i've been told it's got a horrible flavour so i take the caps. with all the stuff we have to go through I have to hit the easy button on this one!

I added maca to my hubby's salad dressing, mixed it with wheatgrass powder and olive oil and he never noticed :) although I agree pill form is the easiest way to get them in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->