Bamboo/cloth nappy hints 'n' tips please!

WillowMummy

SAHM to 1 DS
Reaction score
Hello, we use Little Lambs bamboo nappies on our 5week old son and wondered if anyone had any hints or tips they could pass on regarding bamboo or cloth nappies they've found useful?

Thank you :thumbup:

No hints or tips really...I do everything the same with all my fabrics. I have a good mix of bamboo, hemp, cotton.
I love the bamboo, it's so soft. It did take awhile to get to full absorbency, longer than the cotton I'd say. So, be sure to prep well (or double prep even).

My hint or tip is that traditional terry squares still can't be beaten for efficiency, economy, ease of washing, speed of drying, and longevity of life. There's no elastic to rot, no velcro to snag and wear out, no poppers to fiddle with, no stuffing, no boosting, just double them up for a super thirsty overnight nappy. OK, you need to learn to fold them, but that takes no more than 5 minutes of practise. Once you've cracked it, they are the most awesome of nappies, especially bamboo terry squares, which are super slim fitting as well. No soaking necessary, same as other nappies. Here's a video

My hint or tip is that traditional terry squares still can't be beaten for efficiency, economy, ease of washing, speed of drying, and longevity of life. There's no elastic to rot, no velcro to snag and wear out, no poppers to fiddle with, no stuffing, no boosting, just double them up for a super thirsty overnight nappy. OK, you need to learn to fold them, but that takes no more than 5 minutes of practise. Once you've cracked it, they are the most awesome of nappies, especially bamboo terry squares, which are super slim fitting as well. No soaking necessary, same as other nappies. Here's a video

Sorry to jump on the thread lol! I use pocket nappies now with my toddler but seeing your video has really made me think about using terrys for when next baby comes along. I never realised how easy they were!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->