bartolins cyst

sparkle1

Reaction score
I think I have one of these. Its not very pleasant. Has anyone else had one before? thanks.:wacko:

Hey :)
Firstly, just to say I really sympathise with you!

I had one last Christmas, it began two weeks before Christmas where I felt swelling on my left gland near my vagina, however it wasn't painful.
A week later, the pain began. I couldn't walk/sit/have sex as it was so painful. I went to my GP who took a look, and said it was really big and had become infected -not pretty :/

Anyway, I was prescribed antibiotics which I had to take for a week. The symptoms went as did the swelling within three days, but I continued to take them for the week so that the whole infection went. As the infection was going, I got some horrible discharge but that soon cleared up.

My GP advised me that cysts like this do have a tendency to come bak, but so far I've been okay and had no further problems.

However if they do come back, my GP said they have to drain them.

The best advise I can give you is to see your GP as soon as possible. The symptoms are relives so quickly after the treatment begins, and it's really nothing to be embarrased about :) my GP said it's common and the longer you leave it, the worse it becomes. And the only treatment really is antibiotics.

Good luck :) I hope I helped and I hope it goes soon :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->