bathroom Question about my 5 yr old DD

cbass929

Mommy of 3 <3
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon when my daughter went to the bathroom to pee she said it"hurt her" i tried to get her to describe to me what it felt like and she just keeps saying it hurts but only when she uses the bathroom. I think she isn't wiping like she should every time she goes to the bathroom and lately have had to remind her over and over even though there has never been a problem before.
What could be going on? She's never had any issues before... I have never had the issue myself but i'm guessing by the sound it could be a UTI?
Is there anything i can do at home for her instead of taking her to the dr if i can get out of it?
First time i heard anything about it was yesterday afternoon and shes mentioned it twice today.
I feel horrible... :(

Don't feel bad these things happen. My five (6 on Sunday) yr old doesn't always wipe her bum no matter how many times I tell her she even lies and says she has when she hasn't!

It could well be a uti though, ask her whether its her front bottom that hurts or if its the back bottom where the poo comes from. If its the front or she doesn't know then I'd take her to the doctor for some antibiotics.

Just talked with her a little more and she says it burns when she pees so UTI?

Yeah I think uti. You probably needs antibiotics. I really think you should go... My mum never took me to the doctor when I had a uti because she doesn't approve of antibiotics. My uti never got sorted and went on for years and it was horrible.

sounds like a UTI. see a doctor for antibiotics. also cranberry juice may help.

I took her yesterday morning and everything came back negative they did say he had very little blood in her urine which could be because of a few different things such as wiping, not washing properly, not washing soap off properly. So who knows....

Keep an eye on her and if she carries in complaining about it hurting I'd take her back.

Does she use bubble bath? My girls (5 and 3) got this and I switched to a sensitive bubble bath or none at all for a while and it went away! DD called it "fire pee" :blush:

She's only taken a few bubble baths her whole life. But she did about 2 weeks ago. She hasn't complained of hurting anymore but she has had a few accidents during the day and at night which is completely shocking to me becuase before now he's only had 1 accident since being potty trained!! She doesn't say it hurts or anything like that. All her test came back negative. So I'm just keeping a eye on things for now.

It could be that because she's not wiping properly she's a bit irritated and has been scratching a little which could then cause a burning or stinging feeling.also maybe her wee was particularly acidic because of something she ingested.lots of fruit or fruit juice maybe?
My dd sometimes complains of stinging while weeing but if its just an isolated incident I ignore it as irritation.often Utis progress and are accompanied by a slight fever and it won't just be one wee it will be every wee.

When I was about 5 I used to get Cystitis from drinking blackcurrant or any fizzy pop. Riley has recently started having lots of accidents so have cut out blackcurrant and it has stopped. Could it be something she is drinking?x

She's not really drinking anything different then normal. Juice, water, tea and Pepsi max every so often.
I'm beginning to think she's getting so caught up into playing and not paying attention and waiting until the very last second so she has to run to the bathroom and just doesn't make it sometimes.
Now other then staying in her like a Hauck I don't know what more to do.

Yesterday afternoon when my daughter went to the bathroom to pee she said it"hurt her" i tried to get her to describe to me what it felt like and she just keeps saying it hurts but only when she uses the bathroom. I think she isn't wiping like she should every time she goes to the bathroom and lately have had to remind her over and over even though there has never been a problem before.
What could be going on? She's never had any issues before... I have never had the issue myself but i'm guessing by the sound it could be a UTI?
Is there anything i can do at home for her instead of taking her to the dr if i can get out of it?
First time i heard anything about it was yesterday afternoon and shes mentioned it twice today.

I had UTI's all my life growing up. I had them from a very early age until I was about ten and then they came back when I was about 23. Anyway, the doctors prescribed me antibiotics and while it sounds gross, they also told my grandparents to have me pee in the bathtub while I was taking a bath. Honestly, I would just take her to the doctor. Make sure she's not drinking too much caffeine also because that can cause the UTI's. Also, soap can play a factor and yes, holding it in can also cause a UTI.

I had UTI's all my life growing up. I had them from a very early age until I was about ten and then they came back when I was about 23. Anyway, the doctors prescribed me antibiotics and while it sounds gross, they also told my grandparents to have me pee in the bathtub while I was taking a bath. Honestly, I would just take her to the doctor. Make sure she's not drinking too much caffeine also because that can cause the UTI's. Also, soap can play a factor and yes, holding it in can also cause a UTI.

I STILL have to do this if I have a bath, if I don't I get the burny burny! I found that potassium citrate better than antibiotics if I feel a burn coming on. Its also not as ikky tasting as Cystopurin.

I used to get UTIS from not drinking enough - literally 300ml a day and also I used to pull my pants too far up my foo foo.

I took her on April 25th. They did a test in the office and sent it off. Both came back negitive. I was still a little worried at one point because she had so many accidents back to back and had only had one before that since being potty trained! She hasn't complain it hurts burns or nothing. Which she has had a bubble bath since then either and she's been taking showers. All I can think of us maybe she was just a little irritated and she's fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->