Battling depression

proxy bump

Reaction score
Anyone else on this messy train ride?

I didnt think itd hit me so hard out of the blue. SO and I are moving so naturally I ended up quitting my job which while it wasnt anything special I still loved it. Its literally been two days since my last day and I feel completely heartbroken about leaving. Even though I was in so much pain after my shift that SO would have to help me walk. That and the stress of moving isnt pleasant. We were supposed to move yesterday but my dad was too sick and so we're sticking it out another night. But even still half the apartment is not packed. SO hasnt been very helpful in packing so its just me. I guess all of it is just getting to me really easy. I only find joy when my sweet pea starts wiggling around or my kitten decides to not try to eat my toes and snuggle.

I guess I was just looking for a place to rant, really. But if anyone has any tips for battling the blues...itd appreciate.

I stopped my depression meds the second I found out I was pregnant. My Oh's first daughter was born with a heart defect due to an antidepressant, so I didn't want to risk it. And that was seriously one of the worst decisions I've made. From about 12 weeks til 25 weeks I was in such a dark place that I barely left my house, or left my spot on the sofa really. It finally let up, but there for a while I really couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's tough and if I were to do it all over again, I'd definitely stay on my meds. You might want to talk with your ob or gp and see if there is anything you can do to fight the blues, I wouldn't suggest going about it the way I did.

Also, moving is stressful even when not prego, but I imagine it's a lot harder when you can't lift the heavier things, and are wondering how it's all going to get done without Oh's help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->