BBC THREE

Jayden'sMummy

Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx
Reaction score
ANYONE WATCHIN THA MUMS THING ON BBC THREE ??

WHAT DO YOUS THINK OF IT SO FAR ?

:wacko:

u didnt miss much haha i turned it off after the first 15 mins was propa crap

yeah it wasnt great, i thought i was a young mums mansion, no offence to anyone but i assumed that young mums ment 15-20? there was a women who was 35!

you never know it might get better

I thought it was about single mums? I saw the advert and was confused why it was called young mums mansion when it was supposed to be about single mums.

I didnt see it though. Didnt really appeal. I know young/single mums can be great mums and I dont need to watch some reality TV programme to prove it.

xxx

I thought it was about single mums? I saw the advert and was confused why it was called young mums mansion when it was supposed to be about single mums.

I didnt see it though. Didnt really appeal. I know young/single mums can be great mums and I dont need to watch some reality TV programme to prove it.

xxx

How true is that people!
everyone makes out like because youre a mum who is still a teen or are single they think we r bad mums, fu** them all i say haha!!

How true is that people!
everyone makes out like because youre a mum who is still a teen or are single they think we r bad mums, fu** them all i say haha!!

Its rubbish, age doesnt come into it.

My mum was 28 when she had me and I havent seen her since I was 6 weeks old. Proves my point :) lol

xxx

lol no ages def dont matter, also the single mum thing, im sure one of the mums said comon lets do..blah what ever like we do with daddy at home???!

it was on the other day me and OH watched it very scary lol but good to watch

Programs like that really annoy me. They keep saying they're trying to change the image that people think of teen mums (I used to be one!). But they're not! Go into the homes of these girls where they do look after their kids, they do the right thing. Instead of hand picking a bunch of halfwits that need help to be a mother to their child.

I was terribley judged by my midwifes when I was pregnant with my son at 17 and gave birth at 18. I over heard one saying "A baby having a baby". I consider myself as a rather intelligent person so I refused to see her and reported her to her superior. After that I wasn't judged too quickly. I may of been a young mum but didn't mean I couldn't hold a conversation and it gave them no right to talk to me as if I was 4!

This time isn't much better because people aren't stupid, they can do the maths. I'm 20 with a 2 1/2 yr old and pregnant with number 2. I'm just waiting for the "2 Kids before your 20" lark.

I'll tell them exactly why I'm having my kids young. They soon feel so guilty.

Sorry for the long rant.

that is so true, i have been called a baby having a baby by plenty of people but i dont see myself as a baby i see myself as a mature teenager who is ready to grow up and make something of herself!

my step mum is nerly 22 with 4 kids and uno what she is one of the bravest people i no the way she has coped with them on her own she deserves to be mum of the year, she battled post natal depression 3 times and fu** she is definitly a hero to me i look up to the woman !!

omg i watched that last night...
that Tasha embaresses me so much lol..they'r supposed to fighting the stereotype of a single mum...shes doing the complete oppisite and living up to that bad name we get!!
This..."oh i cant afford childcare" nonsense...just cant be bothered to get off there lazy arse and go to work! angers me so much lol..
The goverment help u with childcare so that is just not an excuse not to work..her little boy was in school!!! she's nuts...she could easily have a part time job and get a bit of bloody self respect!!!!!!!

lol...anyways...its a good show :) x

I actually love this kind of crap:) I really enjoy the show. There is another level to it which I think most people miss - like how much of a bitch that mum was who wouldnt go to the fireworks and wanted to look after her baby. She was clearly very insecure about mixing with a bunch of random strange woman and wanted to cling to the only familiar thing - her baby. But she seems to have got over that now.

I loved how the leader made them go to work in the second episode. The somerset girl clearly demonstrated the benefits of going out to work are much higher than just money. I imagine that for some single mum's making new friends and getting out the house is a god send!

There are some clearly lazy mums in there too - but i think the experiment is a good idea and even those mums will learn the benefit of how other people do things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->