• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BBlonde Maximum Lift - on red hair?

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has ever used this & whether its any good. My hair is red/purple ATM and I'm gonna get it light brown this weekend, I've just bought this bleach and a different one for incase it's not light enough.

Any reviews would be great! :thumbup:

Never used it myself but I wanted to put highlights through my hair. The hairdresser advised against it as my hair was red. Apparently it would have gone pink as red is the hardest pigment to remove.

It'll go ginger or pink maybe a bit of both I'm afraid, colour b4 is great though :) xx

First of all to limit damage I'd say go for colour b4. In fact the decolour version (newer one) is said to better. Go for the "extra" version, for more lift.

The only problem is you can't redye for a few days - you need to use a 6-8 washes colour in between if you have a dodgy result between removing and redying.

Red is hard to get out, even with bleach.

I've done it loads, and red is a pain. It also depends on what colour you used - if you used a silicone based colour like XXL, then that colour causes silicone damage the minute you use straightners after it!

You said you bought another bleach in case its not light enough - DONT use it after the first bleach for several weeks - you could land up with serious hair damage by double processing (triple processing once you colour!)

If you do go down the bleach route
*cover your hair in pure coconut oil for at least an hour before. This helps damage limitation. Dont wash it off, just apply the BBlonde on top. Make sure you've got plenty for long hair - you dont want a patchy result.
*If you get light enough - use a semi-permanent (up to 24 washes) Contrary to the name, they are very much permanent. "Permanent" dyes are very unnecessary unless you are dying over grey hair.

I only learnt the above about two years ago - believe me I am not kind to my hair! :rofl: but following those tips can really make all the difference. I went from black in April to pink and it took several months and patience, but it wasnt worth risking my hair going chewing gummy and looking rough!

I've only just read this :dohh:

I put the bblonde on, it went ginger & blonde ontop, then I washed & dryed it and put a loreal feria extreme platinum on it & it went different shades of blonde & orange..

I just shoved the nice&easy ash blonde on it (didn't realise it was 'ash blonde' til just now - it looks light brown on the box) and its all very light brown with little highlights everywhere.

It looks pretty professional considering I terrorised my hair :haha: my hair condition still feels fine but next time I wanna use bleach ill be using the colour b4 - read a lot of reviews and it looks good.

Thanks for the advice ladies :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->