BBT Charting and Night Nursing...

Feronia

Reaction score
I just got my first postpartum cycle on March 29 (15 months postpartum and I’m on CD 25 now) and am trying to figure out when I am ovulating. I started temping a few days before when I thought I would ovulate (when EWCM started) and got 38.9 consistently. Then the day I *think* I ovulated it dipped to 38.8 and now has been back up to 38.9 to 37 for 5 days. (I should be 5 dpo.) No spike.

However, I'm nursing throughout the night, and my daughter is up very frequently in the hours just before waking up, so I am by NO means getting even an hour of uninterrupted sleep.

I think I ovulated last Thursday because my cervix was squishy and open I actually felt very hot and then a sharp pain that lasted for about an hour on my left side. Then the EWCM gradually subsided and my cervix is harder again, though I am still getting a small amount of EWCM, and now it’s very watery. Nothing is making sense to me about this cycle.

Should I just toss out my temperatures, or is it possible that I didn't ovulate? What were your early postpartum cycles like?

My early ones were all over the place, if I were you I would forget the temping temporarily and concentrate on the EWCM that was always the most accurate way to work out when I was ov'ing :)

Do you know whether you were ovulating when your temps were all over the place?

I think the night nursing and waking up has been affecting things! Today, I got up at about 5 and took my temp then. It was 36.9 (my normal), but then I actually got 3 more hours of uninterrupted sleep since DH took DD when she woke up. Usually I get up with her, take her to the potty, and then temp. This time I temped again after the uninterupted / non-moving sleep and it was up to 37.2! I'm guessing that would be a post-o temp but that the fact that I'm waking up often and getting up means that I can't usually temp accurately...

Here's my chart... https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4ee213 I'm guessing I ovulated on CD 26.

Looking at your chart I would say you ov'd on 26 too, and by the look of it your temps are rising which is a positive sign too!

To be honest I wasn't trying to get pregnant at that point so I have no idea if I was ovulating but I was getting the EWCM around the middle/towards end of month so I think I probably was (I ovulated around day 19 usually). I always feel when I'm ov'ing too, the pain on the one side, bloated, backache, headache.

Yikes, well I’m going to test on Friday since I was able to get a BFP with my first on the fifth day of a triphasic shift. Honestly, I’m not trying to get pregnant. I just want to see how my cycles are since we’re going to be doing NFP for birth control. I originally thought I ovulated on CD20 since that’s when I ovulated pre-baby and I had what I thought FOR SURE were ovulation cramps. I also completely discounted my temps until I noticed the real thermal shift. As such, we weren’t exactly careful in the days leading up to where I *think* I ovulated now – CD 26 or 27…

We have done NFP up til now too, made 1 slip up of dates which is why I'm pregnant now funnily enough lol I'll have to check back to see what the outcome is :)

Good luck. Xx

I have absolutely NO doubt when I'm ovulating now as my nipples hurt so bad that BFing really hurts for a few days.

Shame we aren't TTC for a few years yet as it's a great indicator.

I tested this morning and :bfn:!

Though it should be too early if I ovulated on the 24th since I would only be 7dpo. I tested in case I ovulated earlier, that my temps were out of whack, and that the horrible cramps I felt on Sunday were implantation cramps. Whew.

Ever since my cycles started back up, I've been extremely broody, which is nuts. Our daughter is SO high maintenance -- she still wakes up sometimes 10 times at night and needs constant attention in the day. I would be NUTS to want another, yet I do for some strange reason. DH does not, which I totally understand, so for his sanity we should not have another right now. Oh well, I am resigned to accept the outcome either way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->