BCP to kick start ovulation after depo

candypanda

Reaction score
Has anyone used birth control pills to kick start their AF after depo?

My depo ran out 31/10/13 and I've only had a withdrawal bleed...i've got a pack of femodette pills lying about and was thinking about taking them for a couple of weeks to kickstart ovulation?

I've read about drs prescribing these to people for this reason, athough i'm confused about how it works because surely its just a withdrawal bleed? Seems like it's a common thing GPs do though!
Any info will be greatly appreciated! x

I used the depo for 3 years and when I stopped AF was MIA for a few months after. I got 3 months of BC and AF returned. I stopped taking them after 2 months and used Ovulation tests to check everything was back to normal. It was and I've just got my second BFP since.

I still think I wouldn't be ovulating if I hadn't used them. Hope this helps!

This gives me hope! Not sure if it will work straight after depo though :( xx

I worried the whole time and after the using the depo. I'd read some horror stories but I'm confident that the BCP makes a huges difference to kick starting everything. FX you get your BFP soon but I'm sure you'll be ok.

How many months after quitting depo did you start bcp?

Thanks.:)

About 8/10 weeks? The only difference between pre and post depo was that my AF became really painful but it was 27/28 day regular and I was ovulating again. I did worry about my LP being to short but it sorted itself out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->