• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BD frequency

Juice

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Ok, so I know this is an incredibly personal question but I figured I can put it out there and if you want, just ignore it....

How often do you ladies generally BD during a cycle, particuarly around time of O? :winkwink:

Owing to horrid things that happened to me as a child, I have 'issues' with BDing. My DH has been wonderfully supportive over the years and never complains but we have been ttc for almost a year and I get soooo frustrated when months go past and I know we've only managed to get 1 or 2 BDs in, and often only just within my fertile time. I guess I always think "it only takes 1" but in my heart of hearts I know I should be encouraging this to happen as often as possible. Sometimes I feel like other women get to enjoy physical contact every day and I wish I could be like that :cry:

Good luck to all ttc xxx

Hun, it takes one little spermy of millions each time you BD to get your BFP. I know lots of people who BD'd just once and got caught. In fact I have read a lot of info about doing it too often. Someone I knew on here had counted herself out as she only did it once but then got BFP. As long as you are doing it at the right times it only takes once - don't worry!

We don't do it every day for different reasons(in fact maybe just 2 or 3 times a month at right time). I also read somewhere that if sperm quality is not good or low count then it is better to not do it often so you could be doing exactly the right thing.

I hope it works out for you and good luck xx

My first 3 pregnancies I had irregular cycles, no idea when I ov'd, and with the 2nd and third only bd'd once the whole month. With the last 2 pregnancies( both mc) I knew my cycle inside out and with both I bd the day of lh surge(smiley face) and either the next day( day of ov) or the next morning. Tried to bd about day 8 or so to get fresh sperm fir ov time. Really don't think it needs to be anymore than that as long as timing is good. One month we tried every other day from day 8 but didn't ov til day 17 that month and dh couldn't manage on the day!! So gave that up and don't tell him when ov'ing( he must realise!) because if I say it, he gets stage fright.

Thanks so much for your replies ladies. It is really reassuring to hear this. Luckily I seem to be really regular with O'ing so I shall continue to work on timing :winkwink:

Lol :hugs:

For my first child, I bd once in a fortnight. For the second, as still no bfp after 8 months, we decided to try the every day method, sure enough, I caught that month (did 4 months of every other day before). My first pregnancy, i bd the evening before ov and the morning of ov, so three different ways of falling pregnant.

I tend to try at least for twice around O at the minimum if possible. I once got preg on bding day 11 and 13 when O was day 14.
I have read studies that say the day before O and day of O give the highest chance of conception. Hard to do unless you have a regular cycle and O the same time each cycle - but that seems it would work for you as you have a regular O :)
We try to bd as much as possible around O but sometimes our work schedules do not click- different waking and sleeping paterns or one of us is traveling and so forth.
So getting two good bd's around O does not always work.

PS if you are nearing OV and waiting and/or do not want to bd - try to have him help himself, so to speak a few days before O. I have read that if a man waits too long between ejaculations - a week or so the sperm tend to not be as good quality:shrug: Everyday ejaculations or every other day are fine if sperm quality is normal but do not have a week or so between ejaculations when ttc.

This is all really interesting and really helpful information. Thanks so much ladies.

Best of luck to us all xxx:hugs:

My OH suffers from ED. We only BD once per month and still managed to catch that egg. I used OPK's and charted my temp so that we would BD at the right time. You don't need to BD all the time to get that baby.

Hi Seity

Wow, that must have been pretty stressful for both of you...but what a gorgeous baby you have now. Thanks for sharing your story, it does make me feel so much more hopeful :happydance:

lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->