beaches in northern cumbria

wildflower79

Reaction score
Is there anybody that lives or holidays around this area that could recommend a nice beach to spend the day or afternoon at? We're staying near Keswick and don't want to drive too far, so was thinking a beach around Maryport or a bit above. Also, has to allow dogs on and would be useful if parking nearby. Oh, and would also be handy if there were toilet facilities near by. We'd probably prefer somewhere a bit quieter than a beach crammed full of people. Thanks

I do lol! Theres beaches right along, if youre going to travel to maryport though I would go a little further and go to Allonby. Long sandy beaches, free parking, toilets. Amazing ice cream shop. Maryport is more a harbour town and the beaches at Workington are more stones than sand. Theres a lovely harbour at Whitehaven you could have a walk around too. If you need any info on anything give me a shout xx

Edit - if you wanted to go a little further there is a lovely beach at St Bees (a couple of miles from Whitehaven)

Thank you Mummy for those recommendations. Allonby sounds perfect and we might also try St Bees - I've looked up some pictures and it looks really nice.

Your so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country. We usually go up to the Lakes once a year, and before we had our lo, me and hubby used to do lots of walking up on the fells. Looking for more lo friendly things to do these days, but we'll probably drag her up a couple of little Wainwrights still. She's quite happy finding somewhere on the lake shore or by a stream to paddle and have a picnic. I thought me might go to Whinlatter, and Buttermere for an ice cream. Maybe take a boat across Derwent water. I also have the pencil museum ear marked for a rainy day! If you have any other suggestions for somewhere lo and dog friendly, please let me know.

I hope you've been enjoying your holiday over this way? We could have house swapped! It's been a lovely week weather wise, best we've had in ages. Hope you've all had a lovely time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->