Beating the monsters

Racheldigger

Rowan Aeshna born 22/3/09
Reaction score
We've been having a lot of trouble with monsters recently - not wanting to go to bed, not wanting to sleep alone, waking up a couple of times a night crying for Mummy - and trying to convince her that there are no such things as monsters really hasn't worked. Mummy has finally resorted to magic, and we have now had eight monster-free nights! The methodology was as follows: we picked a twig from the special rowan tree in the garden, and tied it to a new six-inch nail with two pieces of red embroidery thread from Mummy's sewing box, saying the magic words each time - 'Rowan tree, red thread, puts the witches to their speed; cold iron, clean and bright, puts the monsters to their flight' (the first couplet is genuine folklore; Mummy added the cold iron for good measure). Then we put our charm under the bed, saying the magic words a third time, because three times is the charm. I take my hat off to Granny Weatherwax: headology rules OK!

That's great! My d is 2 and we use monster spray right now lol it may need to get more sophisticated later!

Hmmm, great idea! DD has been waken lots recently because of shadows and ghosts so might just have to use this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->