Beau's Lines on fingernails-Anyone have this happen before???

K

katiemae7031

I have noticed pronounced horizontal dents/ridges on both the index and middle fingers on both hands. After a quick google search of this, I see it is what's called Beau's Lines (my fingernails look EXACTLY like the pictures that are on the websites). Has anyone had this happen to them? If so what was the cause and outcome with it in your case? PS-I haven't had any trauma to my hands or nails so that's definitely not what caused this. Thanks in advance!

Not sure this helps- as it's Wikipedia... but can't hurt to ask your doc, there seems there could be several reasons...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beau's_lines

Thanks but I've already looked at that lol. I was just wanting someone who has had personal experiences with this to tell me what it was caused by in their case. From what I have googled, there could be a number of things to cause this.

I have systemic lupus and I have the of I've had a flare up I get them as the nail grows out.

Most common reason tho is actually malnutrition or a vitamin defiency . Have your levels checked .

I have lupus too and I also get them when I flare, because of the inflammation, which interferes with nail growth. Stuff like flu or another infection could cause it, too. I agree with what Dream.dream said though, have a look at your diet and see if there is anything you may be missing if they're persistent...vitamin or mineral deficiency of one sort or another is pretty common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->