Becoming a Mummy - thoughts/worries

Carlyanne15

Reaction score
i cant begin to tell you how thrilled i am at being a Mummy :cloud9:, Amber has stolen my heart and i adore her so much!
Since becoming pregnant i had horrible thoughts that SOMETHING would go wrong and Because i had thought something would go wrong it would! So through my 9months i had these horrible feelings! I loved being pregnant and was so lucky it was plain sailing no problems!
I feel on Clomid first round :happydance: so you can imagine the shock and delight at our :bfp:!

Since being a mummy i have cried just looking at her, as i cant believe i have such a perfect baby, she is a little star! And i know that i will be the best mummy ever! However these worries are still there! I think the worst :cry: what would i do if something happened!!! You all know what i mean! And its like in my head and how do i get it out!!!

Anyone else having issues like this, sounds like i'm a fruit Loop! Seeing HV monday for the first time so will mention my concern! I know my thoughts wont become reality or thinking these things wont make them HAPPEN but it scares the living Crap outta me

Your thoughts would be greatly received

Im afraid I dont have any advice as my little one hasnt arrived yet, but I too have always imagined the worst and dream up all these awful things that "might just happen..." I guess its just all part of being a mummy! We are bound to worry about our babies 24/7! :hugs: x x x

I worry about him all the time. I was having a lie in the other day and we ran out of gas so OH came up to tell me that he was taking Alasdair to go and buy some more. Instead of going able to go back to sleep and enjoying my lie in, I lay awake worrying that:
- the car would crash
- OH would leave Ally in the car by himself
- the gas canister would explode
and everything would all be my fault!

Maybe I'm an extreme example but I worry all the time and unfortunately (or fortunately) I think it is normal!

I was EXACTLY the same when Poppy was born. I remember a few days after we came home with her, I held the laptop over her in the moses basket so my mum could look at her on the webcam and then later on I went to bed for a lie down and all I could think was "what if I had dropped the laptop oner her?". DH came in to see if I was okay and I was crying and saying, "What if we hurt her? She is just too precious."

I think you always have similar feelings but they subside over time and you are able to rationalise more. x

:hugs: sweetie i think this is completely normal, and i too worry so much about maddi :hugs: x

honey you are 100% normal, your a mummy of course you worry you will worry now for the rest of your life, but above that, you will still have all this love and support, an that is an emotional thing, i still cry watching lilly sleep, thinking WOW she is mine, i put her here, and she is beautiful, its all part of been a mummy, its great isnt it, xxx

yep...,me too.....!! look at it positively....if you didnt foward think than accidents couldnt be prevented....i'm thinking of covering the corners of tables already!! She cannot even sit up alone yet!!! I thinks its part and parcel of being a mum...my mum says it never goes away....even as old as i am she still worried abut the worst happening

I still check on her when she's napping to make sure she's breathing. And the other night I got freaked out cause her crib is near the heater and I was worried about a fire starting :dohh:

I have the 'normal' panicky first mummy fears with the additional stress of my baby did stop breathing for a few awful minutes!!!!! It was the worst few minutes of my life and it was almost strange how it made me realise that even though we'd only had him a week, if we lost him, life wouldn't have been worth living.

Jasper is 11 weeks old and I totally freaked out leaving Jasper with my OHs parents for about 10 minutes so we could get groceries, because I spent the whole time thinking "what if..." Quite simply, I dont trust ANYONE with my baby (including my OH:blush:)

Oh!!! and last week i did leave jasper with a friend who has a 1 year old, for about half an hour... and SHE GAVE HIM TAP WATER!!!!!! Not boiled or anything!!!! I didn't say anything, but I made a note NEVER to leave him with her again! You cant trust people to do the right thing by your baby the way you do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->